Hello All

ravi.chhillar

Hi members,

I am Ravi from Gurgaon (Haryana), I love music and that love brought me here.. right now I have Sony HiFi music system, and I want to have a new one. I don't have ideas of AVR but this seems tempting to me. Then I researched about costings of the same, it is quite costly. Please guide me in right directions, I want a decent music system. Budget well I can extend up to 40K.
Might be used AVR I should choose or new is the way to go.

Thanks and Regards,
Ravi Chhillar

Welcome to HFV mate.

Budget music system audition Wharfedale speakers (best bang for buck in the under 20K range I've heard). Also, check out India's audio video home theatre and hi-fi shopping mart for good deals.

What kind of music do you listen to?

Thanks for welcoming gesture and prompt replies,

Well, I listen to everything, from soft rock to ghazals to old hindi songs and anything having good lyrics and music in it ... basically I want sound clarity and bass; I got LCD so in that case should have better movie watching experience ... got HD DTH, having few channels giving 5.1 sound output, system is supposed to use that thing also.

Need to know

Hi again,

I need to know, what I need to have for setting up a music system i.e do we need to buy separate amp for AVR or AVR itself comprise it. Speakers and woofer and what else. Please guide me, Sorry for acting novice but cant help as I haven't seen such system in my life yet. I have used various mp3 players, iPod and integrated music hifi such as Sony but thats all.

I think in 40k budget its better to go for HTIB (Home Theater-In-A-Box) system instead of separate AVR+Speaker system. I heard (from this forum only) that Onkyo HTIBs are very good. You can give it a try.

On the other hand, separates are always better than HTIBs. You can get entry level yamaha/denon AVRs (like Yamaha RX V471, Denon 1612 etc) at around 20k range.
For speakers, you can check Boston Acoustics Soundware XS. Price is around 30k. So this combo will cost around 50k.

Now considering the above scenarios:
IMO, spending 10k more for separates is really worth. You won't regret it. :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back