Hello All

shekarwrites

Hi members,

I am Somashekar, based out of Bangalore. I am a regular reader of this forum since few months. The posts were pretty useful for me decide upon building my HT. Last year I bought a Onkyo HT (TX-SR304E AVR, Onkyo SKW-204 sub, Pure acoustics Dream tower satellete and Front speakers). Last month I was on a visit to USA and bought a new Onkyo SR 607 AVR for 350$ and sold my Onkyo TX-SR304E AVR to one of my friend. My current Setup is,

Sony 32V550 LCD
Philips 5986K DVDp
Onkyo SR 607 AVR
Polkaudio TSi300 floor standers (front speakers)--- Bought yesterday for INR 16.5K for a pair
Pure acoustics 101 center speaker
Pure acoustics 101 surround speakers
Onkyo SKW 204E subwoofer

These are arranged in my approx 180 Sq.Ft living room. Since the AVR is a 7.2 Ch one, in near future I wish to upgrade my Sub, a complete 7 Ch HT setup and my DVDp. Please comment on my current setup and your recommendations. My primary use of this setup will be mainly for listening to Music, FM tuner (my parents) and movies during weekends. please suggest

Last edited:
My primary use of this setup will be mainly for listening to Music, FM tuner (my parents) and movies during weekends. please suggest

Hello and welcome aboard!

If your priorities are in the above mentioned order, you might want to consider getting a decent stereo amp and a pair of stand-mounts. You will find lots of suggestions here in the forum for any budget, should you choose to consider that route :) Polk and Onkyo are not known to be the best when it comes to 'music' Movies being only an occasional weekend affair, you might enjoy your system more if you invest in a good hifi system.

Cheers.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back