Hello audiophiles

Sutradhaar

Though am not completely new, but I thought I must introduce and thank some of you for your posts, advice & suggestions that made me purchase a few gears to enter into this real world of music.
Had been into Bose and surround all the while.
So, my month old investment were the Dragonfly Cobalt along with a pair of KZ AS16. I was shocked to hear the world from a different perspective. No seriously !! Alas, my joy didn't last long, since I soon realize that it's shutting me off the outside world completely. So, here they lie idle, unused & maybe waiting for the right owners.

All this while I had been reading posts here, very old to latest posts and ultimately took this decision to buy myself the following gears:

Audiolab 6000N Play network streamer
Audiolab 6000CDT
Audiolab 6000A to be used as an integrated amplifier
Last tuesday I got my Klipsch RP-600M
Thrsday - I got a Rack made for my gears
Today - the Rega Planar 1 got delivered and am yet to see the box, unbox it and listen to some vinyls
I have premium subscription for Qubuz, Tidal, & of course Spotify and Apple Music.

What are you views about this mini setup ? Please please pour in your advice, suggestions. I won't mind anything against my setup. Any or every comment will help me improve over time.

I am wating for your review about Klipsch RP600-M (about its sound, balance and tone), bcz i am plaining to buy this speaker..
one of my frd used audiolab 6000A amplifer. its a quality product from audiolab, build quality and sound signature makes me happy..

Guess you’d find good synergy between the Audiolab components. Do take care what ICs and speaker cables you use, take expert FM’s advice if needed. At some stage, you could do try a tube interference in your system and see if you like it.

You are loaded with the subscriprions. How did you get Qobuz in India?

Enjoy your music!

I am wating for your review about Klipsch RP600-M (about its sound, balance and tone), bcz i am plaining to buy this speaker..
one of my frd used audiolab 6000A amplifer. its a quality product from audiolab, build quality and sound signature makes me happy..
Hi Sachin !!! I managed to test my Audiolab 6000A with numerous speakers Piega, Quad, Wharfdale, Q-acoustic, Dali & Polk. Mostly with dealers in and around Delhi NCR. Fortunately they all allowed me to test their speakers using my Audiolab. And Klipsch was my final choice that even sat fixed on my budget. Frankly, am a novice or amateur with this hobby. Definitely incapable of explaining my experience in words or terms. In short, am simply loving it.
As for review, I tried to play almost every genre of music, including metal & rap even though I am not into those. These speakers handle the frequencies like a breeze. Guess it will shine even brighter after they burn out in a few days. (it's called burn-out, right)

Guess you’d find good synergy between the Audiolab components. Do take care what ICs and speaker cables you use, take expert FM’s advice if needed. At some stage, you could do try a tube interference in your system and see if you like it.

You are loaded with the subscriptions. How did you get Qobuz in India?

Enjoy your music!
Hi Sachin !!! Yes, I would get a tube in between the setup . . . but would give that idea a little more time. Just want to enjoy this small setup for a few months. Slow & steady is what I aim, though *impatient* is my 2nd name :))
I used a US address and a VPN to subscribe to Qobuz.
Tidal subscription was quite easy though.

As for the interconnects, I just have to connect the 6000N to 6000A. I use a toslink cable
For speakers cables, I didn't spend much. Used 16AWG Benden 3 mtr. cables. Being a broadcast engineer, I am well aware of the hype created by marketing super expensive cables worldwide.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-10-23 at 8.53.40 AM.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-23 at 8.53.40 AM.png
    405.5 KB · Views: 22
Hi Sachin !!! Yes, I would get a tube in between the setup . . . but would give that idea a little more time. Just want to enjoy this small setup for a few months. Slow & steady is what I aim, though *impatient* is my 2nd name :))
I used a US address and a VPN to subscribe to Qobuz.
Tidal subscription was quite easy though.

As for the interconnects, I just have to connect the 6000N to 6000A. I use a toslink cable
For speakers cables, I didn't spend much. Used 16AWG Benden 3 mtr. cables. Being a broadcast engineer, I am well aware of the hype created by marketing super expensive cables worldwide.

Thanks, Sutradhaar, can you compare your experience of Qobuz and Tidal subscriptions in terms of SQ, User experience, and Collection? (I have the Tidal, but not Qobuz - a lot more difficult to get here).

Also, did you try Coaxial before settling on Toslink? Most users prefer the former. Any particular reason you went with Toslink?

Thanks, Sutradhaar, can you compare your experience of Qobuz and Tidal subscriptions in terms of SQ, User experience, and Collection? (I have the Tidal, but not Qobuz - a lot more difficult to get here).

Also, did you try Coaxial before settling on Toslink? Most users prefer the former. Any particular reason you went with Toslink?
Hi again Sachin !!!

I didn't had anything specific on mind when choosing the digital interface between streamer & Amp. I had a readily available Toslink cable & I used that. Technically toslink should be preferred over coaxial and I don't see any difference when it comes to digital transport. I repeat - technically.
Having said that, I can try using a coaxial cable just to try & see difference, if any with an unbiased state of mind.

As for Qobuz vs Tidal -> I think I prefer Tidal over Qobuz keeping on mind these factors:
1. Pricing. Qobuz is quite expensive
2. Database. I find everything I need on Tidal except DSD format. Qobuz has loads of data in DSD format.
3. Setting up Qobuz in India is really a challenge while Tidal is easier.

Trust me, you're happier with your Tidal account. You really are not missing out anything.

Done that already Vivek. Perfect cast iron stand with rubber cushion for the speakers to sit. And adjustable spikes at the bottom to ensure the entire stand & speaker is/are at level & stationary.

Though am not completely new, but I thought I must introduce and thank some of you for your posts, advice & suggestions that made me purchase a few gears to enter into this real world of music.
Had been into Bose and surround all the while.
So, my month old investment were the Dragonfly Cobalt along with a pair of KZ AS16. I was shocked to hear the world from a different perspective. No seriously !! Alas, my joy didn't last long, since I soon realize that it's shutting me off the outside world completely. So, here they lie idle, unused & maybe waiting for the right owners.

All this while I had been reading posts here, very old to latest posts and ultimately took this decision to buy myself the following gears:

Audiolab 6000N Play network streamer
Audiolab 6000CDT
Audiolab 6000A to be used as an integrated amplifier
Last tuesday I got my Klipsch RP-600M
Thrsday - I got a Rack made for my gears
Today - the Rega Planar 1 got delivered and am yet to see the box, unbox it and listen to some vinyls
I have premium subscription for Qubuz, Tidal, & of course Spotify and Apple Music.

What are you views about this mini setup ? Please please pour in your advice, suggestions. I won't mind anything against my setup. Any or every comment will help me improve over time.

Welcome to our tent sutradhaar :)

Wow that was a really fast plunge. Getting all that gear so quickly. I bet you never do things in half :D

You've got a great system there . Enjoy it to the full and also your stay on this very helpful and knowledgeable forum :)

Hey Newlash09 !!
impatience is my second name
I wanted to plunge & started with whatever I could manage within my budget. Though I regret - I should have gone for the Planar 3 instead of 1. But maybe in a while.
But frankly, am really loving this forum of veterans. I love the knowledge I experience from the practical INDIAN here with their gears, their data & take things from there. Try to keep this site ON most of the time so that I could learn what others here are experiencing.
Cheers
Anjan

Hi. Congrats on the new setup. Hoping you would spare some time and share your views on the 6000N. Planning to get one.

Hi. Congrats on the new setup. Hoping you would spare some time and share your views on the 6000N. Planning to get one.
Hi Mayank,

Been using the 6000N Play for a little more than 20 days now. Works, functions and sounds like a breeze. A perfect network streamer for the price but . . . .
Wish it could support MQA (I use Tidal)
Wish it could support Airplay (I live in an entirely knitted Apple Eco System)

No complaints as such otherwise. I stream Qubuz, Tidal & Spotify.
Amazon doesn't support here in India, I tried various hacks. But then Amazon doesn't have anything that I'm missing out on.

The DTS Play_Fi app I use on my iPhone or iPad works smoothly, without any glitches or issues, so far !!

Looking at the price of this system, I think one can confidently go ahead.

Thanks for the feedback. Amazon Music works fine off the phone and echo, but I get an " Amazon Music is not available in your country" when I try to use it off the Play-Fi app. Quite strange. Echo/Alexa recognizes my Paradigm PW Link Streamer, but cannot get Alexa to stream to it. I have enabled Play-Fi skill in Alexa. Looks like I am missing something very basic here.

Play Fi app on my android is simple and nice. Can stream flacs off the phone to the streamer without any issues. Just not from Echo/Alexa to streamer.

Overall, how would you describe the DAC section of the 6000N? Thanks in advance.

Wish it could support Airplay (I live in an entirely knitted Apple Eco System)

if the streamer doesn’t support AirPlay, you could explore a previous gen Airport Express/ Apple TV which has digital out, and connect it to the streamer with cable. There are generally some available on OLX/eBay.

Thanks for the feedback. Amazon Music works fine off the phone and echo, but I get an " Amazon Music is not available in your country" when I try to use it off the Play-Fi app. Quite strange. Echo/Alexa recognizes my Paradigm PW Link Streamer, but cannot get Alexa to stream to it. I have enabled Play-Fi skill in Alexa. Looks like I am missing something very basic here.

Play Fi app on my android is simple and nice. Can stream flacs off the phone to the streamer without any issues. Just not from Echo/Alexa to streamer.

Overall, how would you describe the DAC section of the 6000N? Thanks in advance.
To reply to your question about 6000N's DAC - frankly, I didn't explore since I took Digital out and routed it into the 6000A that has a similar DAC and it works perfect. Can't describe the performance with audiophile adjectives as I'm never able to connect my experience with those jargons. Please excuse me for that. Just that my personal reaction is - am happy with this pair of 6000N + 6000A. Remember that I'm new into this world of Audiophiles.

if the streamer doesn’t support AirPlay, you could explore a previous gen Airport Express/ Apple TV which has digital out, and connect it to the streamer with cable. There are generally some available on OLX/eBay.
Hi Sachin !! You just mentioned exactly what I have had on my mind lately. Was planning for a mac mini earlier. But then 3rd Gen Apple TV is even better and cost effective. I do have the latest gen Apple TV but that doesn't support optical output, just the HDMI. Thanks for endorsing my idea. Am going for it.
Also, just realised that I can install Tidal, Qobuz as well as Spotify on Apple TV. So, my network streamer Audiolab 6000N goes redundant ?!!!
Oh No !!!

Hi Sachin !! You just mentioned exactly what I have had on my mind lately. Was planning for a mac mini earlier. But then 3rd Gen Apple TV is even better and cost effective. I do have the latest gen Apple TV but that doesn't support optical output, just the HDMI. Thanks for endorsing my idea. Am going for it.
Also, just realised that I can install Tidal, Qobuz as well as Spotify on Apple TV. So, my network streamer Audiolab 6000N goes redundant ?!!!
Oh No !!!

Tidal, Qobuz and Spotify on Apple TV? How come I didn’t know?

i just checked my Apple tV and found an app only for Spotify. Are you sure that Tidal and Qobuz is on Apple TV, here in India? Or are you using a non-Indian Apple ID?

Tidal, Qobuz and Spotify on Apple TV? How come I didn’t know?

i just checked my Apple tV and found an app only for Spotify. Are you sure that Tidal and Qobuz is on Apple TV, here in India? Or are you using a non-Indian Apple ID?
Oops !! Sorry . . . Forgot to mention that I installed tidal and qobuz using my free Apple US account. It’s worth Sachin. Just create one, free and simple & download these apps.

Hi again Sachin !!!

I didn't had anything specific on mind when choosing the digital interface between streamer & Amp. I had a readily available Toslink cable & I used that. Technically toslink should be preferred over coaxial and I don't see any difference when it comes to digital transport. I repeat - technically.
Having said that, I can try using a coaxial cable just to try & see difference, if any with an unbiased state of mind.

As for Qobuz vs Tidal -> I think I prefer Tidal over Qobuz keeping on mind these factors:
1. Pricing. Qobuz is quite expensive
2. Database. I find everything I need on Tidal except DSD format. Qobuz has loads of data in DSD format.
3. Setting up Qobuz in India is really a challenge while Tidal is easier.

Trust me, you're happier with your Tidal account. You really are not missing out anything.
Hey Sachin !! I DID buy this QED Coaxial cable day before and used that instead of the optical/toslink cable and I'm here specifically to thank you. It did made a difference. And like always, am not an expert of SUCH category to explain in words and adjectives the difference, but I am happier now, all thanks to your advice.

Have also replaced the Belden speaker cables with Clicktronic 14AWG, 79 strands cable set. A big jump on the quality.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back