Hello audiophiles

Hi Sachin !! You just mentioned exactly what I have had on my mind lately. Was planning for a mac mini earlier. But then 3rd Gen Apple TV is even better and cost effective. I do have the latest gen Apple TV but that doesn't support optical output, just the HDMI. Thanks for endorsing my idea. Am going for it.
Also, just realised that I can install Tidal, Qobuz as well as Spotify on Apple TV. So, my network streamer Audiolab 6000N goes redundant ?!!!
Oh No !!!
Hey Sachin,
Thought I must update you with this one - so, I got my hands on this Gen 3 Apple TV. Unfortunately, Apple doesn't support Gen 3 and earlier Apple TV any more. So, it's just not letting me sign in to iTunes store. I tried numerous times since yesterday but in vain.
Also, even if I could have managed to sign in, I won't be able to download any 3rd party app from store like Tidal or Spotify (bummer). So, it's just a solution (if it had worked) for iTunes only, like you rightly suggested.

Keep suggesting me ideas, no too expensive ones though :)

Tidal, Qobuz and Spotify on Apple TV? How come I didn’t know?

i just checked my Apple tV and found an app only for Spotify. Are you sure that Tidal and Qobuz is on Apple TV, here in India? Or are you using a non-Indian Apple ID?
Sorry, one more clarification. Spotify and Tidal are there on App Store, but not Quboz. My mistake there.

Though am not completely new, but I thought I must introduce and thank some of you for your posts, advice & suggestions that made me purchase a few gears to enter into this real world of music.
Had been into Bose and surround all the while.
So, my month old investment were the Dragonfly Cobalt along with a pair of KZ AS16. I was shocked to hear the world from a different perspective. No seriously !! Alas, my joy didn't last long, since I soon realize that it's shutting me off the outside world completely. So, here they lie idle, unused & maybe waiting for the right owners.

All this while I had been reading posts here, very old to latest posts and ultimately took this decision to buy myself the following gears:

Audiolab 6000N Play network streamer
Audiolab 6000CDT
Audiolab 6000A to be used as an integrated amplifier
Last tuesday I got my Klipsch RP-600M
Thrsday - I got a Rack made for my gears
Today - the Rega Planar 1 got delivered and am yet to see the box, unbox it and listen to some vinyls
I have premium subscription for Qubuz, Tidal, & of course Spotify and Apple Music.

What are you views about this mini setup ? Please please pour in your advice, suggestions. I won't mind anything against my setup. Any or every comment will help me improve over time.

That's a lovely set-up you've got yourself. Congratulations !!!!

It would be awesome to see a picture of the rack

That's a lovely set-up you've got yourself. Congratulations !!!!

It would be awesome to see a picture of the rack
Thanks for the encouraging message :)
These images were shot before Diwali. The black speaker cables you see here are now replaced with 14AWG Cliktronics ones. The Vinyl collection has incremented, lowest rack almost full ‍♂️

Thanks for the encouraging message :)
These images were shot before Diwali. The black speaker cables you see here are now replaced with 14AWG Cliktronics ones. The Vinyl collection has incremented, lowest rack almost full ‍♂

The rack and components all look so good together.
The mutt seems happy too
<Enjoy the music>

Lovely setup! That P1 is a beauty :)
Do stack your vinyl vertically though. And plan for a lot more storage - you're gonna need it ;)
Thanks Jayant !!
yes, I understand and the records are now almost vertical & rack filled.
As for the storage, I’m already exploring design of another rack for Vinyls, remotes & a Mac Mini.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back