Hello Everyone!

tyro

Hi Guys,

I have been referred by one of my good friend, he is forum member (Novice Akki), and thanks Novice you were right, Great information on this site.

Finally, I have managed to save some $$$ for a decent setup , which should cover my lust for Music and Movies. I hope there are oprtions which could cover my both needs, As my name says, I don't have much information and I have just started. hope to get inputs from all Forum Members, which will help me to decide right option.

I plan to do this in phases. i have been loving all types of music, and definitely want to enjoy watching movies, with the upcoming setup. My living room is 15 feet by 16 feet. Since, Im enjoying my bachelor life, and stay all alone so volume is absolute no problem for me.

Guys! Correct me if I am wrong I first plan to buy the AVR first. For this I have shortlisted MARANTZ 5.1 AVR, SR-3053. (I'm buying this from one of my office colleague, His AVR, is in A+ condition.

Am i doing this correctly? or should I be looking at speakers first?

Please help me thanks!

welcome buddy and enjoy the journey.

imo you should first decide on the speakers and then an amp to match it. pairing a system is very important. what is also important is buying something that suits your ears. whats your budget

@tyro,

From what I read your posting it seems that you already have fair idea of AVR, speaker etc. Like you, I have also purchased Marantz AVR (SR6004). I am not sure about the power WPC of SR-3053. While selecting AVR, please go for adequate WPC to take care of demanding scenes sound.

You can try MS Aviano, Qacoustics 2020 speakers, they are within your budget and sounds good. At around 28-29 k, you may try Quad 11L, MA Bx2, KEFQ300. Paradigm are also liked by many people.

Cheers.

Amit

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back