Hello Everyone

sandeepsasi

Hi everyone,

I feel good to be a part of this great forum. I am Sandeep Sasi, working as an IC design engineer in Bangalore. Though I joined the forum only a month ago, I have been a regular visitor for the past few years.

I was introduced to the world of hi-fi audio, not as a music lover, but as a hobbyist in electronics, almost 20 years ago. During those days, I used to frequently visit the local electronics store at my home town in Kerala, to purchase components, and I quickly made friends with many store owners there. That was a time when hi-fi/HT was only locally available from the popular Japanese brands, for the mass market, and cheaper Chinese products haven't made their way to the market yet. Many people used to resort to assembled stereo/HT set-ups as they were cheaper, though the fidelity was not that great. Local stores used to assemble and sell stereo and HT components in large numbers. I too joined the rush and started building stereo components and soon, also started enjoying music. Since then, I always wanted to own a hi-end stereo system, but then budget was the only limitation. After getting a job, realities of life like rent, taxes, lack of space/permanent place to live, etc kept pushing this dream down the wish list. So far, I managed with an assembled set-up - a 200W/ch and 12 inch (yes, you read it right) speakers. Over the years, the amplifier circuit and power-supply have been upgraded over a dozen times and finally I made peace with a class A/B amp with BJTs at the output stage. I needed the speakers to test a few of the PAS power-amp circuits that I once attempted. The speakers were built by a guy in my home town, who builds PAS systems, and they have Ahuja drivers. The set-up is terrible for music; okay, for movies, because of the sheer dynamic impact.

Now that we (my wife, our pup and I) are moving to a permanent apartment next month, I started planning properly, my first high-end hi-fi system. Like many apartments in Bangalore, space is at a premium and it may be too much to wish for a dedicated listening room. Still, after negotiating for space with my wife, finally she agreed to allot me one bedroom that would quadruple as my listening room, electronics lab, workout room and library.

I will list the set-up that I have in my mind and the thought process that have gone in while shortlisting the hi-fi components, in a separate thread soon. It will be great if you all can advice me on this.

Hey Sandeep,
all the best in yr search, there are a lot of systems out there, and some amazing tech guys
on the forum that wud be only too glad to help yr search.

Sunil.

Hi Sandeep, welcome to the forum. Nice to see people with your kind of background join the herd. Good luck in your search.

Hi everyone,

I feel good to be a part of this great forum. I am Sandeep Sasi, working as an IC design engineer in Bangalore. Though I joined the forum only a month ago, I have been a regular visitor for the past few years.

I was introduced to the world of hi-fi audio, not as a music lover, but as a hobbyist in electronics, almost 20 years ago. During those days, I used to frequently visit the local electronics store at my home town in Kerala, to purchase components, and I quickly made friends with many store owners there. That was a time when hi-fi/HT was only locally available from the popular Japanese brands, for the mass market, and cheaper Chinese products haven't made their way to the market yet. Many people used to resort to assembled stereo/HT set-ups as they were cheaper, though the fidelity was not that great. Local stores used to assemble and sell stereo and HT components in large numbers. I too joined the rush and started building stereo components and soon, also started enjoying music. Since then, I always wanted to own a hi-end stereo system, but then budget was the only limitation. After getting a job, realities of life like rent, taxes, lack of space/permanent place to live, etc kept pushing this dream down the wish list. So far, I managed with an assembled set-up - a 200W/ch and 12 inch (yes, you read it right) speakers. Over the years, the amplifier circuit and power-supply have been upgraded over a dozen times and finally I made peace with a class A/B amp with BJTs at the output stage. I needed the speakers to test a few of the PAS power-amp circuits that I once attempted. The speakers were built by a guy in my home town, who builds PAS systems, and they have Ahuja drivers. The set-up is terrible for music; okay, for movies, because of the sheer dynamic impact.

Now that we (my wife, our pup and I) are moving to a permanent apartment next month, I started planning properly, my first high-end hi-fi system. Like many apartments in Bangalore, space is at a premium and it may be too much to wish for a dedicated listening room. Still, after negotiating for space with my wife, finally she agreed to allot me one bedroom that would quadruple as my listening room, electronics lab, workout room and library.

I will list the set-up that I have in my mind and the thought process that have gone in while shortlisting the hi-fi components, in a separate thread soon. It will be great if you all can advice me on this.

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will benefit a lot from the vast AV knowledge posted by experienced / professional members.....you too can share your experiences which will add further value to others.....

Happy browsing....

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back