Hello fellow AV enthusiasts

catalyst360

I'm Jeffry from Kochi. I fell into the wonderful but expensive rabbit hole of HiFi while searching for good gaming headset for my new PC. I ended up buying a discreet headphone, mic and a DAC/AMP and am already looking to upgrade my chain. :rolleyes:

Hope you are all staying safe in these troubling times. Happy listening!

Welcome Jeffry!
It’s likely you are (unknowingly) following some path already traversed by some FM or other.
Sharing thoughts and asking questions is what makes this forum interesting, engaging and could sometimes even help you get better value for the money spent. Do share your upgrade plan and enjoy the roller coaster ride:)

I'm Jeffry from Kochi. I fell into the wonderful but expensive rabbit hole of HiFi while searching for good gaming headset for my new PC. I ended up buying a discreet headphone, mic and a DAC/AMP and am already looking to upgrade my chain. :rolleyes:

Xbox has come up with its own wireless headset, can you check it out. Don't think it is still available in India though.

Welcome Jeffry!
It’s likely you are (unknowingly) following some path already traversed by some FM or other.
Sharing thoughts and asking questions is what makes this forum interesting, engaging and could sometimes even help you get better value for the money spent. Do share your upgrade plan and enjoy the roller coaster ride:)
Thank you!

I am currently daily driving a Sennheiser HD 599 with Fiio E10k for my desktop needs. The Senn's were my first open back cans, they're extremely comfortable and sounds much better than anything I've had before. They set me down the audiophile path and my perfectly functional Airpods were no longer good enough for me. They're good for calls and podcasts but for music listening I bought the Fiio Fh3 which were even better than my Senns. I am looking to upgrade my desktop setup to a Hifiman Sundara paired with Topping stack (L30/E30). I am also looking at building a stereo setup for my living room. Looking at Monitor Audio Bronze 2 with a suitable stereo amp (Yamaha R-N303 or Marantz PM 6006)

Thank you!

I am currently daily driving a Sennheiser HD 599 with Fiio E10k for my desktop needs. The Senn's were my first open back cans, they're extremely comfortable and sounds much better than anything I've had before. They set me down the audiophile path and my perfectly functional Airpods were no longer good enough for me. They're good for calls and podcasts but for music listening I bought the Fiio Fh3 which were even better than my Senns. I am looking to upgrade my desktop setup to a Hifiman Sundara paired with Topping stack (L30/E30). I am also looking at building a stereo setup for my living room. Looking at Monitor Audio Bronze 2 with a suitable stereo amp (Yamaha R-N303 or Marantz PM 6006)
I haven’t heard the HD599 or the FiiOFH3, but I have a HD600 which sounds very nice with the Astell and Kern Kann.
The Sundara should be a nice upgrade for sure.
I also have not heard the Monitor Audio bronze. But I am sure there are FMs who own them or have owned them and could advise you on a good Amplifier match. Getting a good match or synergy between components is a challenge and rather than doing several auditions (not easy) or trial buys (expensive) getting advice from those who have travelled this path would definitely help.
The other big challenge in achieving good quality audio is the room. You could share the dimensions and description of your living room as well

I haven’t heard the HD599 or the FiiOFH3, but I have a HD600 which sounds very nice with the Astell and Kern Kann.
The Sundara should be a nice upgrade for sure.
I also have not heard the Monitor Audio bronze. But I am sure there are FMs who own them or have owned them and could advise you on a good Amplifier match. Getting a good match or synergy between components is a challenge and rather than doing several auditions (not easy) or trial buys (expensive) getting advice from those who have travelled this path would definitely help.
The other big challenge in achieving good quality audio is the room. You could share the dimensions and description of your living room as well

Visited a local dealer and pulled the trigger on a Kef Q350 and Denon PMA-600NE combo. Was able to snag it for 75K.
Initially I was considering getting the Marantz PM6007 paired speakers like Elac Debut 6.2, Mission QX2, Q Acoustics 3030i or Monitor Audio bronze 2. Budget had a hard limit of 75k.

In the end I went with the Kef q350 and the Denon amp. The striking looks and the uniqueness of the Kef won me over. Since this is going to be set up in the living room, I wanted to get something with a little style and pizzazz.

The desktop upgrade plan has now been put on the back burner for few months so as to not draw the missus' ire. :D

Last edited:

Hello @catalyst360
welcome to the forum
Let me know if you need any help for hps, iems, dac/amps.
Cheers

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back