Hello Friends..Hope everyone safe out there.

Welcome to the forum Selva. I am sure you would soon realize the dream with the help of the experts in this forum.

Friends, my ask here might be so stupid. Just asking if this is possible. So, that, I can re-use the major components like PA and Speaker. To start with my home theater journey, I want to take a route of 2.0 BS and get an initial feel for sometime. Initially, I was in the plan to buy the high-end AVR from sites like Amazon using a Zero Cost EMI. But, after hearing the feedback about warranty issues, I dropped that idea and take some time to make myself ready for AVR + Sub + Center from dealers, so that, I can combine my 2.0 BS.

AmazonBasics HDMI To HDMI + Audio (SPDIF + RCA Stereo) Audio Extractor Converter - Extract the Audio and send Video to my 34 inch 4K monitor
JBL Nano Patch+ Compact 2-Channel Passive volume controller - Help to control the Volume to PA.
Crown XLS 1502 2-Channel Power amplifier - Can use to power Front BS/FS later with AVR
<Good quality BS with good dynamic range> - Can use it now as front LR and later can move to side or rear.

Your comments welcome...whatever it be :)

Friends, my ask here might be so stupid. Just asking if this is possible. So, that, I can re-use the major components like PA and Speaker. To start with my home theater journey, I want to take a route of 2.0 BS and get an initial feel for sometime. Initially, I was in the plan to buy the high-end AVR from sites like Amazon using a Zero Cost EMI. But, after hearing the feedback about warranty issues, I dropped that idea and take some time to make myself ready for AVR + Sub + Center from dealers, so that, I can combine my 2.0 BS.

AmazonBasics HDMI To HDMI + Audio (SPDIF + RCA Stereo) Audio Extractor Converter - Extract the Audio and send Video to my 34 inch 4K monitor
JBL Nano Patch+ Compact 2-Channel Passive volume controller - Help to control the Volume to PA.
Crown XLS 1502 2-Channel Power amplifier - Can use to power Front BS/FS later with AVR
<Good quality BS with good dynamic range> - Can use it now as front LR and later can move to side or rear.

Your comments welcome...whatever it be :)
Is this monitor a PC/Gaming monitor?
Because TV may have an audio out or Opt out (needs DAC).
Cheers,
Raghu

Is this monitor a PC/Gaming monitor?
Because TV may have an audio out or Opt out (needs DAC).
Cheers,
Raghu
Thanks Raghu for the reply. Its a PC monitor. I am sending only Video and Amazon Basics Audio extractor extracting the audio already and giving to passive volume controller. Am i trying to do something wrong?

It should work. I have not personally used a HDMI extractor.
Sorry can't be of much help in this area.
Cheers,
Raghu

Friends, I went to a local dealer in Chennai for speaker audition for few BS. During the discussion, after hearing the room size of 10 x 10 ft. square sized dimension, they told its a worst shape for a HT or a stereo setup. They said that without a acoustic treatment, bass management will be very poor and for that i have to spend 50k to treat the room and have to use 2 Subs to avoid bass gets boomy. Guys, in India and esp. in apartments square is quite common and with door and window. So, Many people in this forum would have come across setting up your HT in such conditions. Could u pls throw some light on that. If its going to be a real deep rabbit hole, I don't want to get stuck there after putting my hard earned money there.

Also, they are telling that a good quality ups is a must. Without that, any problem in AVR due to power fluctuations, warranty will be gone completely gone. Is that right statement.

Friends, I went to a local dealer in Chennai for speaker audition for few BS. During the discussion, after hearing the room size of 10 x 10 ft. square sized dimension, they told its a worst shape for a HT or a stereo setup. They said that without a acoustic treatment, bass management will be very poor and for that i have to spend 50k to treat the room and have to use 2 Subs to avoid bass gets boomy. Guys, in India and esp. in apartments square is quite common and with door and window. So, Many people in this forum would have come across setting up your HT in such conditions. Could u pls throw some light on that. If its going to be a real deep rabbit hole, I don't want to get stuck there after putting my hard earned money there.

Also, they are telling that a good quality ups is a must. Without that, any problem in AVR due to power fluctuations, warranty will be gone completely gone. Is that right statement.
Welcome to the Forum Selvaa!!!

Take your time to decide before purchasing anything.. be clear on what is your expectation.. where you spend more time in movies or music or games..

10x10 room is not bad.. spend lot if time on auditioning the gears.. try to audition in a raw room and room with acoustic treatment ear n understand the difference.. and then you can move ahead with first good LR.. AVR CENTER ETC..

Which dealer? No room is perfect and yes room treatment helps. You don’t have to spend 50k. There are many diy videos on how to make panels, bass traps and won’t cost you more then 5-8k. There is no need for online ups but you do need clean power supply. Many here use servo stabilizer and some use power conditioner. Abrupt power cuts won’t affect avr. Mine is a 10*11 room with no treatment and yes there are problems with bass but over all I am able to get a nice sound stage and enjoy movies. I have auditioned at places where 8 lakhs was spent in room treatment and it still had problems with room acoustics. So don’t be worrying to much about room. What is your budget? And what type of set you you are planning? 5.1 or an atmos set up?

Which dealer? No room is perfect and yes room treatment helps. You don’t have to spend 50k. There are many diy videos on how to make panels, bass traps and won’t cost you more then 5-8k. There is no need for online ups but you do need clean power supply. Many here use servo stabilizer and some use power conditioner. Abrupt power cuts won’t affect avr. Mine is a 10*11 room with no treatment and yes there are problems with bass but over all I am able to get a nice sound stage and enjoy movies. I have auditioned at places where 8 lakhs was spent in room treatment and it still had problems with room acoustics. So don’t be worrying to much about room. What is your budget? And what type of set you you are planning? 5.1 or an atmos set up?
Thanks for the kind words which ease out the confusion in my mind. I had some initial confusion but now its almost finalized to pick Denon X1600H and QA 3030i and use it as stereo and later want to add other speakers slowly. Since this 3030i has 6.5" woofer and can go little below 50 Hz, not planning to put Sub now. Planning to purchase the items post Diwali. After few months, planning to add a Center and put a pause there for some time like 6 months..

BTW, could u pls suggest some servo stab or power conditioner brand to go with esp affordable..

Thanks for the kind words which ease out the confusion in my mind. I had some initial confusion but now its almost finalized to pick Denon X1600H and QA 3030i and use it as stereo and later want to add other speakers slowly. Since this 3030i has 6.5" woofer and can go little below 50 Hz, not planning to put Sub now. Planning to purchase the items post Diwali. After few months, planning to add a Center and put a pause there for some time like 6 months..

BTW, could u pls suggest some servo stab or power conditioner brand to go with esp affordable..
This is going to be a good set up to start off.

Servo stab or any power conditioner is going to cost you. Many here use the vertex servo stab. It is very bulky and a 3kva will cost you 15k excluding gst. 3.0 is an incomplete set up and I would rather prefer a 2.1 set up. Not sure why many advice skipping the subwoofer first and start with 2.0 or a 3.0. Since you like the q acoustics they have launched a sealed subwoofer as well which is reasonably priced. Sealed subs are good for small rooms. You can enjoy both movies and music in a 2.1 set up.

I enquired NanTech power system and they gave 2 options

1. 1 KVA NanTech online UPS - 17k
2. 1 KVA Emerson Online UPS - 24k

CVT 1 KVA - 10k.

Need to check other options as these are too costly.

Servo stab or any power conditioner is going to cost you. Many here use the vertex servo stab. It is very bulky and a 3kva will cost you 15k excluding gst. 3.0 is an incomplete set up and I would rather prefer a 2.1 set up. Not sure why many advice skipping the subwoofer first and start with 2.0 or a 3.0. Since you like the q acoustics they have launched a sealed subwoofer as well which is reasonably priced. Sealed subs are good for small rooms. You can enjoy both movies and music in a 2.1 set up.
Are you referring to the QB 12?

Friends, have some quick query. I have finalized and ordered Denon X1600H and waiting for delivery of the AVR. I have almost zeroed down to QA 3030i and run it for few months in Stereo mode before adding Sub. Now, my dealer is suggesting to go for ELAC B6.2. I have auditioned 3030i but not Elac. So, any feedback? It comes around 5k diff b/w them. Based on the feedback/reviews, I heard that Elac hard to drive compared to 3030i. But both are 6 ohm and same 6.5 inch driver. Any suggestion? Also, I couldn't find 14 awg speaker cable in shorter length. So, planning to go for 2.5 sqmm Finolex power cable. Is that o.k?

Friends, have some quick query. I have finalized and ordered Denon X1600H and waiting for delivery of the AVR. I have almost zeroed down to QA 3030i and run it for few months in Stereo mode before adding Sub. Now, my dealer is suggesting to go for ELAC B6.2. I have auditioned 3030i but not Elac. So, any feedback? It comes around 5k diff b/w them. Based on the feedback/reviews, I heard that Elac hard to drive compared to 3030i. But both are 6 ohm and same 6.5 inch driver. Any suggestion? Also, I couldn't find 14 awg speaker cable in shorter length. So, planning to go for 2.5 sqmm Finolex power cable. Is that o.k?
Go for Elac B6.2. Those are very good and For my ears they were better than QA3030i.
I have heard both extensively and I would definitely go for Elac’s.
They are a bit power hungry but an amazing speaker and definitely justify its price.
The Denon 1600 is a good and can happily drive the Elac’s easily but then if you can find a good deal for 3500 go for it.
Regards,
Som

Go for Elac B6.2. Those are very good and For my ears they were better than QA3030i.
I have heard both extensively and I would definitely go for Elac’s.
They are a bit power hungry but an amazing speaker and definitely justify its price.
The Denon 1600 is a good and can happily drive the Elac’s easily but then if you can find a good deal for 3500 go for it.
Regards,
Som
Thanks Som for the feedback. BTW, are you referring to Denon x3500? If yes, at this moment i am in a tight budget and even a best deal would cost minimum of 20k from x1600h if i am not wrong. Also, no immediate plan to go to complete HT in near future. Just a step by step from 2.0 -> 2.1 -> 3.1 and stop there. Being a first time HT buyer, want to get a taste of HT with minimal budget and later plan to go for complete revamp with pre pro + amp may be after 2 - 3 years.

Regarding the speaker cable, I have found a unused 1 sqmm finolex power cable for about 50 mtrs. Distance from AVR to speaker would be max of 10 ft. Will it be OK to use this cable? If not single, can i use double cable for one lead? Cost cutting :)

Thanks Som for the feedback. BTW, are you referring to Denon x3500? If yes, at this moment i am in a tight budget and even a best deal would cost minimum of 20k from x1600h if i am not wrong. Also, no immediate plan to go to complete HT in near future. Just a step by step from 2.0 -> 2.1 -> 3.1 and stop there. Being a first time HT buyer, want to get a taste of HT with minimal budget and later plan to go for complete revamp with pre pro + amp may be after 2 - 3 years.
Then you may actually go ahead with 1600 + Elac B6.2. They make a good pair and if you like listening to music nothing like it. Elac’s are definitely smooth sounding and can surprise you with anything you throw at it.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back