Hello from kolkata

santanusinha

Hi folks,
I am a long time reader of this site but hadn't joined earlier. This time I was planning to buy a 42" plasma and decided to join for various reasons.

I work as a s/w engineer in kolkata. My interests in the A/V field movies, music, games in that order. I like to take photographs which is my primary hobby.

I have a small HTS setup at home consisting of the following:
1) Onkyo HTS 3100
2) Sony Up-scaling DVD player
3) PS3
4) A 29" inch sony wega that still shows awesome pictures, but will be moved to a different room to accommodate a Panny P42V20D.
5) A collection of about 300 DVDs and some PS3 games.

By the way, do you guys have a DVD/BluRay review section? If not, we could start one. This is required since, the prints available in India are different from other places and we could discuss PQ, AQ etc. as well as discount offers available in the neighborhood.

Looking forward to hear from you guys..

- Santanu

Welcome.
Separate DVD/BluRay review section is not there. Although you can find threads for these. Happy searching :).

Hi Santanu,

Welcome to HFV!

Regards, Shriram

wecome to hifi..:)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung 46 LED / Quad 909 amplifier / Quad 99 pre amp / AAD Phil Jones Vi 860 Towers / Creek evolution CD player / Yamaha RX 457 reciever / Space 6.1 home theatre / Sony DVD player / Norstone cables

Welcome fellow Kolkatan. :)

I have a collection of about 1500 movies. I love photography too. Will be in Kolkata in July end. Should meet up.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back