Hello Hifi legends, I am Indrajit from Bangalore and Kolkata

indrajit_pande

I joined Hifivision in 2014 but did not introduce myself. My apologies!

I am Indrajit and hail from Kolkata. I moved to Bangalore in 1998 (the good green days) for my education and now my job. Like many of us here, music has been my daily bread. My listening taste has evolved over the years and so did my sound systems.

About my music players and components, here is how they were over time:

Childhood: Paras shoebox cassette recorder
Teens to Early 30s: Sony Walkman, Aiwa HS TA263, Aiwa HS TX486 with Sony standard headphones and later creative EP-630
Late Teens to present: Panasonic Compact Audio System SA-CH46 (without the CD attachment) - My primary player of cassettes at Kolkata home. I have about 300+ cassettes still working.
Mid 20s to present: Sony CFD v30 - use it in Kolkata house kitchen
Mid 20s to Mid 30s: Creative Labs Inspire 4400 4.1 Computer Speakers with Winamp and loads of DSP plugins - still have them in Bangalore but don't use.
Late 30s to present: Sony HT IV300 - primary player for music on YouTube and Bluetooth streaming.
Early 40s to present: Fiio X5 Gen 2 with Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro and MEE M-Duo ear buds.
Mid 40s to present: Beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition 250 Ohms

I like many forms of music, Rabindra Sangeet to Bangla Bands, Western Pop to Rock, Metal and Western Classical, etc. Lately (past decade) I have developed a liking towards Celtic, Gothic, Symphony Metal and Opera. Past couple of years I am also listening to music where instruments like hurdy-gurdy, bagpipes, khomus, cello, etc. are the primary ones.

I had been listening to a lot of reviews lately on bookshelf speakers and amps. Probably I'll venture into a good music system before my ears age enough to make me shelve the plan.

Dileep (vanga123) from Bangalore is my friend and also a Hifivisionary. We discuss a lot of things together.

Regards

Indrajit

Last edited:

I am Indrajit and hail from Kolkata. I moved to Bangalore in 1998 (the good green days) for my education and now my job. Like many of us here, music has been my daily bread. My listening taste has evolved over the years and so did my sound systems.

Teens to Early 30s: Sony Walkman, Aiwa HS TA263, Aiwa HS TX486 with Sony standard headphones and later creative EP-630
Late Teens to present: Panasonic Compact Audio System SA-CH46 (without the CD attachment) - My primary player of cassettes at Kolkata home. I have about 300+ cassettes still working.
Mid 20s to Mid 30s: Creative Labs Inspire 4400 4.1 Computer Speakers with Winamp and loads of DSP plugins - still have them in Bangalore but don't use.
Late 30s to present: Sony HT IV300 - primary player for music on YouTube and Bluetooth streaming.
Early 40s to present: Fiio X5 Gen 2 with Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro and MEE M-Duo ear buds.

I like many forms of music, Rabindra Sangeet to Bangla Bands, Western Pop to Rock, Metal and Western Classical, etc. Lately (past decade) I have developed a liking towards Celtic, Gothic, Symphony Metal and Opera. Past couple of years I am also listening to music where instruments like hurdy-gurdy, bagpipes, khomus, cello, etc. are the primary ones.

I had been listening to a lot of reviews lately on bookshelf speakers and amps. Probably I'll venture into a good music system before my ears age enough to make me shelve the plan.

Dileep (vanga123) from Bangalore is my friend and also a Hifivisionary. We discuss a lot of things together.

Regards

Indrajit

Hi,

Welcome to HFV! (Better late than never).

I am sure you will find yourself enriched with the vast experience and knowledge shared by our FMs (Forum Members) in various threads and topics.

Excellent note on your journey so far...........

Happy Browsing and wishing you all the best!

Regards

Indrajit
Heartily welcome dada ⚘⚘⚘

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back