Hello from passive member.. :)

saikat

Hello everyone. This is Saikat here.

Apologies for the late introduction; had joined a couple of months back and have been reading up on some great posts (from dinyaar, particleman, rangeetrain, soundsgreat, square_wave, just to name afew). Square_wave even spent half an hour answering a lot of silly questions i had...:D

I am a student and therefore didn't quite see the possibility of getting hold of some decent gear till I came across advice given to people on a budget. Plan to take the used gear route to do justice to my cd??s.

Thank you for all the great advice and hope to be more active henceforth..:p

-Saikat.

Welcome, Saikat. Good to know that this forum has prompted you to pursue your interest in hi-fi. Indeed one can enjoy excellent audio on a budget. Looking forward to hearing from you in future.
P.S. More power to you! (one good pun deserves another)

Last edited:
Hi,

Belated welcome buddy ! Yes used system is "THE" choice for the people with budget constrains ! that Includes me :p.

Anyway hope you will have ball here and any doubts or quires don't hesitate just shoot !!;)

Regards.

Thanks particleman, soundsgreat and kamal.

@kamal: regular RB's. Just sounds awful on these 2.1/5.1 driven from computers.

Hi Saikat,
Welcome to the forum. Since u are based in bangalore u will have lots of options in both new/used HIFI gear. A guy who comes to mind is J Ramesh Babu for used gear.(hifipal4all in this forum). There are also a lot of suspicious ads floating around for used gear, which u have to keep in mind.
Regards

Since u are based in bangalore u will have lots of options in both new/used HIFI gear. A guy who comes to mind is J Ramesh Babu for used gear.(hifipal4all in this forum).

And not to mention our very own dinyaar, the walking dictionary around here. You can always trust him to tell you about "contacts".

Don't read too much into the quotes and welcome to the forum :D

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back