Hello - Help with setup

MalaiKulfi

Hi all..

I have just moved from US to India and music is my passion. I am looking to make a HT setup with a budget of about 4 Lacs. Please send me details of good dealers in Delhi and what I should be looking for.

Thanks,
Mahesh

HI Mahesh ,

Please let me know whats the room size whether dedicated or living room,drawing room etc. also whats your taste with regards to music and movies, whats the main purpose of the setup MUSIC or MOVIES ? or both ( the ratio like 70% music 30% movie or vice-versa or 50-50, etc)

Then it'll be good for me or any one for that matter to suggest something or else this will be like a blind man leading another blind man (both don't know where they are going or where to go ) !

Please don't mind if I have said anything wrong !!

Regards.

Last edited:
4L is a decent budget but as soundsgreat pointed out, the equipment ppl can recommened depends on if you lean more towards HT or Stereo and what kind of music you listen to. Also, are you open to used equipment?

...I have just moved from US to India and music is my passion. I am looking to make a HT setup with a budget of about 4 Lacs...

Hello Mahesh,

If music is your passion, you can get yourself a very decent HiFi setup at this budget.

If HT, then you can still get the best of both worlds although the HiFi might relatively suffer a bit, thanks to the additional burden of HT functionality. Your best bet imho would be the Lexicon gear; they are renowned for their capabilities with both music and movies. You should be able to find good deals in the US if its not too late.

Best Regards.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply as I was traveling. Music Primary - HT secondary but would like to be able to do both.

I have just moved from US to India and music is my passion. I am looking to make a HT setup with a budget of about 4 Lacs. Please send me details of good dealers in Delhi and what I should be looking for.

Contact A2V in Saket, or Sound of Music in GK. They will be able to assist you greatly.

One suggestion apart from what you asked, don't mix music and movies. Go for a cheapish HT right now, and give yourself more room for the stereo. Upgrade your HT when needed.

Hey Mahesh...

Welcome well in advance to India... our own country...lol...

Anyways, the point...of discussion...

Just tell me buddy, would you be looking for Complete Home Theatre Room setup, inclusive of Video and Audio, or only Audio...???

Do let us know, then will provide you various range of packages to discuss and selsct from...

Thanking You

Mridul Goel

Decided to keep things simple and get this:-

Source - Oppo DV-983H Universal Player
Amplifier - Pass Labs INT-150 Integrated Amplifier
Cables - Transparent Audio
Speakers - B&W 704 or Magnaplanar 1.6
Once I get the first 2, I will audition both speakers with them and decide.

Will add a HT receiver and speakers later.

Decided to keep things simple and get this:-

Source - Oppo DV-983H Universal Player
Amplifier - Pass Labs INT-150 Integrated Amplifier
Cables - Transparent Audio
Speakers - B&W 704 or Magnaplanar 1.6
Once I get the first 2, I will audition both speakers with them and decide.

Will add a HT receiver and center/surround speakers later.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back