Hello! New to HFV

amp

Hi,

I am new to HFV and stumbled across the forum while searching for reviews of decent 2.1 speakers available in India. I must admit the forum is highly addictive and I've found myself spending hours reading up on various threads on hi-fi systems. After all this time spent here, I am not sure if I'll be able to satisfy myself with anything less than a 2.0 bookshelf setup!

Thanks for all the information!

Cheers,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I am sorry if this is a very basic question but I am not able to send a PM to a forum member. The FAQ says that I should click on the member's name and a option will be available to send a PM. But this is not working for me. Can someone please help?

Thanks once again.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I am sorry if this is a very basic question but I am not able to send a PM to a forum member. The FAQ says that I should click on the member's name and a option will be available to send a PM. But this is not working for me. Can someone please help?

Thanks once again.

You need to have certain(?) minimum posts before qualifying to send PM

You need to have certain(?) minimum posts before qualifying to send PM

Okay - would you be able to help me with the number of minimum posts required? I've spent quite some time on the forum since Feb but have been more of a silent spectator here....

Had seen a decent offer on the classifields section and thought would send across a PM to send in my bid and realised this :sad:

Welcome to the forum bro... Its always good to spend time on things which we are passionate about. Me too... spending more time here as a newbie and learning a lot.

Hi folks I'm new to this site, I could do with some advice on whether to stick or twist with the centre speaker I have. I currently have a B&W LCR60 s3, My 2 Front speakers are B&W 683 s1, surround left and right are B&W 602 s3 and surround back are B&W 603 s3's. Plus a sub which is rarely used. The amp is a budget amp it's the Denon AVR X2500H more than enough as it's a small room of 15x12ft. It's a bit of a mix up but I'm no expert.The centre speaker has had the tweeter pushed in so looks a little unsightly, it doesn't affect the sound but your drawn to it. So I've been looking at the B&W HTM62 s1's which would match my front speakers, they are quite cheap to buy and can still buy them new but does that mean the sound is nasty. I've also been looking at the HTM61 s1's and to be honest I like the review but they are a lot bigger in size and would have to make some alterations for them to fit, plus they are 150w would that be to much. The HTM62 s1's are 120w and the LCR60 s3 current speaker is 120w and a higher frequency of 42 K hz and the other 2 are 22 K hz. I'm not sure if I've got my facts right but is it the higher the K hz the clearer it is. Sorry it's a bit long winded but I thought by explaining my set up it would be easier to advise me. Thanks and hope someone can advise me.

Hi folks I'm new to this site, I could do with some advice on whether to stick or twist with the centre speaker I have. I currently have a B&W LCR60 s3, My 2 Front speakers are B&W 683 s1, surround left and right are B&W 602 s3 and surround back are B&W 603 s3's. Plus a sub which is rarely used. The amp is a budget amp it's the Denon AVR X2500H more than enough as it's a small room of 15x12ft. It's a bit of a mix up but I'm no expert.The centre speaker has had the tweeter pushed in so looks a little unsightly, it doesn't affect the sound but your drawn to it. So I've been looking at the B&W HTM62 s1's which would match my front speakers, they are quite cheap to buy and can still buy them new but does that mean the sound is nasty. I've also been looking at the HTM61 s1's and to be honest I like the review but they are a lot bigger in size and would have to make some alterations for them to fit, plus they are 150w would that be to much. The HTM62 s1's are 120w and the LCR60 s3 current speaker is 120w and a higher frequency of 42 K hz and the other 2 are 22 K hz. I'm not sure if I've got my facts right but is it the higher the K hz the clearer it is. Sorry it's a bit long winded but I thought by explaining my set up it would be easier to advise me. Thanks and hope someone can advise me.
Please post this as a seperate thread or topic it would seek more attention .
Thank you.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back