Hello

Welcome and have a great time!

Yes, this is a great place to learn and you will learn provided you interact and ask questions.

So when I have a lot of money, I will buy something really good :)

Audio and AV equipment, other than a TV or a 2-in-1, usually gets last preference in the list of household expenses. So you will never have enough money to buy what you want in one shot. I would suggest you look at incremental purchases within a stipulated period say - one year.

Cheers

Last edited:
hey ashis
good that youre starting now. a lot of people decide to buy a system and then start researching (and 2-4 weeks just isnt enough time). they buy something and then after a few months realise they want something else. i being one of them. by the time youre ready to buy you'll have a pretty good idea on what. one pointer - try and audition during the learning process

Thanks afj,
Actually I starter very early say 7 years back when I brought my first Music System. U know, the typical Sony's so called HiFi Music system that U can find in there store.
I had to fight with my parents to get them buy this one for me, which they consider a serious waste of money :D (Now even I agree with them, I should have assembled my owned, costing 10 times more). It was 2 channel with 2 more surround sound speaker. But It never sounded like the one I here when I go out to buy my music from the music store. Then Had Sonodyne Speakers & god knows how many & what amplifiers they had.

So not happy with My Music System I thought it was due to the channels. So I brought a Philip's home theater. But that was again a crap.

So I went asked the store owner as why do there system is better performing than to mine. And they reviled there little secret.....its all in the Amp...baby!

Back then I was 18 years old, so didn't wast a lot of money. So U can call me lucky in that respect. :D

i guess a lot of us have been through that stage. i had a sony tape deck and amp and arphi speakers. and a discman. blew the arphi several times at various parties. got them reconed, rewound etc etc. then replaced them with i cant remember what. have learnt a lot since then.

ashis, its not only about the amp. its about the weakest link in your system

Yes Yes....Ur right.
A chain is as strong as its weakest link.

But I believe amplifier is one of the crucial element that plays the most significant part in the chain.

Yes Yes....Ur right.
A chain is as strong as its weakest link.

But I believe amplifier is one of the crucial element that plays the most significant part in the chain.

dont discount the speakers. both the speakers and the amp are very crucial

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back