Help build home theater sound system with 4-5 Lakhs budget

allspark2020

Hi members,

I'll be moving to a new apartment home soon and am planning to build a 5.1.4 Atmos sound system. I have a 55" LG C8 and have already purchased four Micca M-6C speakers as ceiling speakers. The 220 Sqft living room is open on one side (drawing room). I am both new to building home theater and this forum. I would be listening to a little music (EDM) but it will mostly be for series and movies. I would really appreciate it if you can suggest AV receiver, front, center, subwoofer and surround speakers (and suggested price) within a budget of 4-5 Lakhs.

I am in Hyderabad and would also appreciate if you can help with suggestions for places/people to buy from.

Thanks,
Sai

Last edited:
Hi,

I would suggest you to evaluate the below options

i) Front speakers - If your primary usage is movies then bookshelfs will also suffice, I personally prefer floorstanders though since my usage scenario is more geared towards music than movies.
If Bookshelfs - KEF R3 @ 1.55L / Dynaudio Emit M20 @80K / Revel Concerta 2 @1L / Monitor Audio Silver 50 @ 1L / Focal Aria 906 @ 95k-1L. I have listened to R3 and M20 mainly from music POV, both are wonderful speakers with the M20 being a little sparkle shy so might not be the best fit for movies. I have the floor standing version of the Focal Aria 906 (926) and they are really good for movies & music alike.
If Floorstanders - KEF Q950 @ 1.35L / Focal Aria 926 @ 1.85/1.9L / XTZ 95.44 @95k . Also including a made in India brand which I preferred above KEF Q950/XTZ 95.44 or any other brand I auditioned, the Indiq Platinum Achals @ 92k. The Achals are VFM and compete with offerings twice as much the MRP, they are good sounding & geared primarily towards music but do a wonderful job for movies alike.
I would personally suggest to go for bookshelfs since your primary usage is towards movies/tv series.
P.S - Evaluate offerings from QAcoustics/ELAC too , they are worth a look. Did not suggest as you seem to have a very good budget.

ii) Center Speakers - Would need to be of same brand & same series as you choose the front speakers. So if you decide to go ahead withy Focal then Aria CC 900 would be the center, if you choose Dynaudio then Emit M15C would be the choice and in a similar manner you can go for the respective center. Can assume a cost of 60-75k depending on which fronts you choose.

iii) Subwoofers - A dual sub configuration would be really good, I employ a dual sub configuration in a 165 sqft room which in terms of the power is an overkill but the bass is much more smoother and impactful with this setup. You can have a look at SVS PB1000/PB2000 or XTZ 12.17/12.17 Edge / Rhythmik 12FXVHP. A single unit would cost you about 90k+ (only the PB1000 might be cheaper)

iv) Surround speakers - Its better to employ cheaper alternatives of same brand as surround options , however for most of the above brands there are not much cheaper alternatives. Some options for surrounds would be bookshelf's like Monitor Audio Bronze 2, KEF Q150 and the likes. Would suggest not to spend beyond 30-35k on surrounds, benefits are very marginal beyond that and should be your last area of budget allocation while buying these.

v) AVR - An AVR with preouts is neccesary as you might feel the need to add additional poweramp for better performance with the above suggested bookshelfs/floorstanders. The Denon X3700H/X3600H (if available) are good options. Not sure about current price of the 3700H , but assume it to be around 1L +/- 10%.

Hi members,

I'll be moving to a new apartment home soon and am planning to build a 5.1.4 Atmos sound system. I have a 55" LG C8 and have already purchased four Micca M-6C speakers as ceiling speakers. The 220 Sqft living room is open on one side (drawing room). I am both new to building home theater and this forum. I would be listening to a little music (EDM) but it will mostly be for series and movies. I would really appreciate it if you can suggest AV receiver, front, center, subwoofer and surround speakers (and suggested price) within a budget of 4-5 Lakhs.

I am in Hyderabad and would also appreciate if you can help with suggestions for places/people to buy from.

Thanks,
Sai
@allspark2020 , a similar thread might be of help to you.

Hi,

I would suggest you to evaluate the below options

i) Front speakers - If your primary usage is movies then bookshelfs will also suffice, I personally prefer floorstanders though since my usage scenario is more geared towards music than movies.
If Bookshelfs - KEF R3 @ 1.55L / Dynaudio Emit M20 @80K / Revel Concerta 2 @1L / Monitor Audio Silver 50 @ 1L / Focal Aria 906 @ 95k-1L. I have listened to R3 and M20 mainly from music POV, both are wonderful speakers with the M20 being a little sparkle shy so might not be the best fit for movies. I have the floor standing version of the Focal Aria 906 (926) and they are really good for movies & music alike.
If Floorstanders - KEF Q950 @ 1.35L / Focal Aria 926 @ 1.85/1.9L / XTZ 95.44 @95k . Also including a made in India brand which I preferred above KEF Q950/XTZ 95.44 or any other brand I auditioned, the Indiq Platinum Achals @ 92k. The Achals are VFM and compete with offerings twice as much the MRP, they are good sounding & geared primarily towards music but do a wonderful job for movies alike.
I would personally suggest to go for bookshelfs since your primary usage is towards movies/tv series.
P.S - Evaluate offerings from QAcoustics/ELAC too , they are worth a look. Did not suggest as you seem to have a very good budget.

ii) Center Speakers - Would need to be of same brand & same series as you choose the front speakers. So if you decide to go ahead withy Focal then Aria CC 900 would be the center, if you choose Dynaudio then Emit M15C would be the choice and in a similar manner you can go for the respective center. Can assume a cost of 60-75k depending on which fronts you choose.

iii) Subwoofers - A dual sub configuration would be really good, I employ a dual sub configuration in a 165 sqft room which in terms of the power is an overkill but the bass is much more smoother and impactful with this setup. You can have a look at SVS PB1000/PB2000 or XTZ 12.17/12.17 Edge / Rhythmik 12FXVHP. A single unit would cost you about 90k+ (only the PB1000 might be cheaper)

iv) Surround speakers - Its better to employ cheaper alternatives of same brand as surround options , however for most of the above brands there are not much cheaper alternatives. Some options for surrounds would be bookshelf's like Monitor Audio Bronze 2, KEF Q150 and the likes. Would suggest not to spend beyond 30-35k on surrounds, benefits are very marginal beyond that and should be your last area of budget allocation while buying these.

v) AVR - An AVR with preouts is neccesary as you might feel the need to add additional poweramp for better performance with the above suggested bookshelfs/floorstanders. The Denon X3700H/X3600H (if available) are good options. Not sure about current price of the 3700H , but assume it to be around 1L +/- 10%.
upvote

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back