Help choose Floorstanding Speakers

fran_elite

Hi,

I want UR advice in choosing good floorstanding speakers with good mid-range and crisp N clear treble.

I want to pair it with the NAD 355 Stereo amp.If need be I may add a sub in the future.The Speakers will be mostly for pure stereo music listening, 90% MUSIC & 10% MOVIES.

My budget is Rs. 45- 50K.

Thanks in advance to all U guys.

Regards,

Francis

In your budget you can audition Floor standers from Klipch RF 82, Polk RTI A7, Monitor Audio BR series, Dali Ikon Series & Lector Series, MS Mezzo series, Wharfedale Dm 9 and 10 series, B&W 6 series, Jamo C series, Kef IQ series.
Do Audition them with your own amp and then decide on the one sounds best to you.

Last edited:
u can also check out the Missions, m35i model.I have a mission m34i @ home and I luv the sound,especially the tight and deep bass and a very crisp treble.

Jamo S series S 606 and S 718 are also good.

Hi,

I want UR advice in choosing good floorstanding speakers with good mid-range and crisp N clear treble.

I want to pair it with the NAD 355 Stereo amp.If need be I may add a sub in the future.The Speakers will be mostly for pure stereo music listening, 90% MUSIC & 10% MOVIES.

Regards,

Francis

Hi,

Regards,

Francis

sometimes (esp in the range youre looking in) bookshelves may give you better SQ. for eg i would choose the monitor audio silver series bookshelves over the bronze floorstanders. esp if youre planning to add a sub a bookshelf is definitely the way to go. you could also look at usher speakers for bookshelves (though not sure what the price range is at). monitor audio are coming out with an upgrade on their silver series too around sept

what music do you generally listen to francis - by the way the f in afj stands for francis

okay try the following

jamo c series c 407 (within 40k) - good match
elac es 58 (within 40k) - good match
klipsch rf 52 (within 45k) - good match but slightly thin response
mission m35 (22-25k) - good match (have tried the 326 with the missions - goes very well), have heard 355 should go well powering the beasts.
psb alpha series - have tried the alpha series with the 326 - best match IMHO

Because of NAD's characteristic sound I would say in your budget you can try the above mentioned - i would say stay away from the Quads and Polk series (in that price segment).

Happy listening and trust your ears first.

PS: How much for the 355 ?

Epos M12i

or the

old Epos M12.2

Some Dynaudio & Quad Bookshelves also come in that budget.

The Mezzo Dali & B&W FS would be well above that budget its around the 70k mark

The Epos would be perfect and within that budget its a BS though

Thanks 2 all U guys ( Ash 147, afj, sckorah, suprateep, Rem, ashishkesarwani) 4 the wide choice of speakers.

I will definitely audition as many as possible.

Was just wondering how good are the LSi 9 Bookshelves from Polk? It's got Ring Radiator Tweeter..Cost is Rs 45K and NAD 355 BEE Amp is Rs 41K. I have heard they are good 4 music.

Any idea?

Thanks & Regards,

Francis

Hey! fran

It would help your cause if you can give a bit more info

What is the kind of music you listen to?
Have already got the nad amp?
What will be your front end?
What is the room size where you want to place your set up?
Why floorstanders & not Bookshelf spk or standmonts?

All the best.
Cheers.

Francis

Buddy Plz dont frgt to add the following to audition in your list...

1). Usher - x-718 (Bookshelves) + Stands

Though these bookshelves doesnt look like regular bookshelves, they are almost 1.5 times of any normal bookshelves available in size...

These speakers are really superb for its sound re-creation...

Though its not been placed in Mumbai for now for the audition, but plz check out Usher Audio

They are Priced @ Rs.60K + Tax.

2). Q Acoustics - 1050i FloorStanders

These speakers, are moreover one among the great speakers in there range...
Multiple Award Winning Product, from the same award winning Armour Group, which even includes the famous QED Cables...Myryad Amps...Goldring HPs & Cartridges...and a lots more...

Priced @ Rs.40,000 MRP.

You can check out this speaker @ Sharper Image, Mumbai...
Usher Speakers try and get some reviews..or something... but yes Usher is something you should keenly be lookin at.

Thanks Mridul 4 your suggestions.

I will try to get some reviews of the Usher X 718 Speakers.

Hopefully I'll be able to hear them sometime later.

Regards,

Francis

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back