Searching for a budget stereo amplifier

raghuprasad

Hi! all,

I am looking for a good quality stereo amplifier below Rs.50K range. I usually listen to Indian classical music and old Hindi movie songs. I do not like thumping bass, but would prefer clear mid range and higher frequencies.
My drawing room is not acoustically treated. It is about 16x10 feet in size with all the furniture placed at various locations.
I own a pair of Castle Audio's Knight-2 model speakers. I also have Yamaha HTR 6130 5.1 home theater system, which I want to replace with this new stereo amp.

I would like to know which models of amps I should audition for my tastes in Navi Mumbai area, where I live.

Thanks and regards.

Hi! all,

I am looking for a good quality stereo amplifier below Rs.50K range. I usually listen to Indian classical music and old Hindi movie songs. I do not like thumping bass, but would prefer clear mid range and higher frequencies.
My drawing room is not acoustically treated. It is about 16x10 feet in size with all the furniture placed at various locations.
I own a pair of Castle Audio's Knight-2 model speakers. I also have Yamaha HTR 6130 5.1 home theater system, which I want to replace with this new stereo amp.

I would like to know which models of amps I should audition for my tastes in Navi Mumbai area, where I live.

Thanks and regards.
Trio would be better for mid

Hi! all,

Thanks and regards.
You can look for amps with natural/neutral sound. I cannot name any brands as all individuals have a personal liking and all amps are different in their sound signature. As such a 50W per channel will be sufficient for your room size but you have to also take into account the compatibility with your existing speakers like matching of impedance, minimum power you speaker require, tonal signature matching (amp & spks) etc.

Last edited:
You can look for amps with natural/neutral sound. I cannot name any brands as all individuals have a personal liking and all amps are different in their sound signature. As such a 50W per channel will be sufficient for your room size but you have to also take into account the compatibility with your existing speakers like matching of impedance, minimum power you speaker require, tonal signature matching (amp & spks) etc.
My two way bookshelf speakers have 8Ω impedance. Recommended amp power is 25-100W each channel.

Hi! all,

Thanks and regards.
Raghu. Buy this Harman kardon 3470 amplifier.
Its v good.

Hi! all,

Thanks and regards.
I would search for a preloved amp that has inbuilt streaming capabilities. These days streaming services have become popular so keeping this in mind I would either search for such which I have already mentioned or would buy a marantz amp and add a streamer later on.
Regards

I would search for a preloved amp that has inbuilt streaming capabilities. These days streaming services have become popular so keeping this in mind I would either search for such which I have already mentioned or would buy a marantz amp and add a streamer later on.
Regards
I may also opt for a Marantz amp. A used one though, as the new ones go beyond my budget.

I may also opt for a Marantz amp. A used one though, as the new ones go beyond my budget.
Dear,
I have a Maranz 6005 amp i.e. I am not using it anymore. I have purchased a new amp. Maranz 700n. Kindly let me know if you are interested
Also, I have Modi Multibit Dac which is also lying idle. if you are interested in it too.

Raj Kumar

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back