Suggestions for Stereo Setup For a Budget of Rs.1 Lakh

Me too trying to get if from US, if possible

Is there anything like Duty that we have to pay while bringing from US ?

Dear FMs,
Thank you all for your valuable suggestions.
I've finalized and ordered the QA 3050i FSs.
For the powering part, decided to go DIY and ordered a power amp. from Mr. Aniket.
For the streamer/DAC part, I've not finalized yet. Will get some time to do the hunting till the amp gets ready.
Once again, thanking all of the FMs individually.
I will update once everything is set up. ✌️

There is a Yamaha wxc50 for sale in the classified section, will be worth considering your streamer/preamp requirement.

Dear FMs,
Thank you all for your valuable suggestions.
I've finalized and ordered the QA 3050i FSs.
For the powering part, decided to go DIY and ordered a power amp. from Mr. Aniket.
For the streamer/DAC part, I've not finalized yet. Will get some time to do the hunting till the amp gets ready.
Once again, thanking all of the FMs individually.
I will update once everything is set up. ✌️

Congrats, for your purchase.
The DD amps or the O&B amps are really value for money power amps, lots of grunt and sound damn good.
I have one paired with a NAD 165 Pre amp, and the combo is neutral with lots of details and fatigue free listening with the QA 3050i.

There is a Yamaha wxc50 for sale in the classified section, will be worth considering your streamer/preamp requirement.

I had used the Yamaha WXC50 as a pre amp and a streamer, did not like it one bit. The soundstage was very small, not much details lacked dynamics.
The spare LG v30 plus sounded 10 times better than the Yamaha.

I tried everything, then returned it.

Better to do with One box solution, since One time set-up is better choise as its been used by parents. A network streamer with DAC + Powered speaker is my opinion.
WIth One remote they could control the Playback, volume+ streaming etc.

Congrats, for your purchase.
The DD amps or the O&B amps are really value for money power amps, lots of grunt and sound damn good.
I have one paired with a NAD 165 Pre amp, and the combo is neutral with lots of details and fatigue free listening with the QA 3050i.

I had used the Yamaha WXC50 as a pre amp and a streamer, did not like it one bit. The soundstage was very small, not much details lacked dynamics.
The spare LG v30 plus sounded 10 times better than the Yamaha.

I tried everything, then returned it.
Never heard wxc50 personally, just mentioned as it was a hot cake some time back.

Hi dear FMs,
Sorry for the delayed reply as it took me nearly 2 months to buy and set up everything together.
The setup is completed for now though I've exceeded my initial budget by quite a margin. I got a good deal on a Node streamer and an ACP+ Preamplifier, which added to the total cost. I don't regret the purchase as both made the setup to its perfection, especially the preamps.
Here are the components I went with:

- Speakers: QA 3050i Floor Standers
- Power Amplifier: O&B SS2150 (Made by FM Mr. Aniket Das aka @adas)
- Pre Amplifier: ACP+ Dual Mono Class A (Made by FM Mr. Ramesh aka @manniraj)
- Streamer/DAC: Bluesound Node
- Inter Connects: Mogami 2549 with Neutrik connectors (Many thanks Mr. Somanna aka @Prodigy)
- Power Cables: Murthy's
- Surge Protector: Basic Honeywell

Here is a picture of the setup.

PXL_20220226_094119364.MP(1)-min(1).jpg

The speakers are singing nicely with the O&Bs and ACPs. I haven't got enough time to extensively use the system but my initial impressions are quite good. The speakers sound nice to my ears with a laid-back presentation and good soundstage. The O&B amplifier has got plenty of clean power. Mr. Aniket has done an excellent job by building something that looks and sounds way above its asking price. Now coming to the ACP preamplifier, it put a smile on my face when I made the connections. The change was immediately noticeable even for a first-timer like me. The bass has become tighter and the soundstage was much better.

I made a few kind and knowledgeable friends along the way (Thank you @Prodigy for the amazing support :)) and that is one of the main benefits of joining a community forum like HFV, not to mention the sea of knowledge spread across.

Anyways, I thank everyone for helping along to start the journey. ✌️

I also have almost the same setup,

QA 3050i
O&B Power Amp
NAD 165bee Class A Pre amplifier
RPi streamer with Volumio
SMSL SU9 DAC

I can vouch what you are feeling one word, Amazing!! Let the whole setup burn in for few more hours, it will open up.

Experiment with speaker positioning once free, but lovely space you got. QA3050i need space around them or bass is too much.

Hi! Which speaker wires are you using to connect to the amp? Just got the 3050i too & want to use them with my 1509 receiver for now. Thanks

Hi dear FMs,
Sorry for the delayed reply as it took me nearly 2 months to buy and set up everything together.
The setup is completed for now though I've exceeded my initial budget by quite a margin. I got a good deal on a Node streamer and an ACP+ Preamplifier, which added to the total cost. I don't regret the purchase as both made the setup to its perfection, especially the preamps.
Here are the components I went with:

- Speakers: QA 3050i Floor Standers
- Power Amplifier: O&B SS2150 (Made by FM Mr. Aniket Das aka @adas)
- Pre Amplifier: ACP+ Dual Mono Class A (Made by FM Mr. Ramesh aka @manniraj)
- Streamer/DAC: Bluesound Node
- Inter Connects: Mogami 2549 with Neutrik connectors (Many thanks Mr. Somanna aka @Prodigy)
- Power Cables: Murthy's
- Surge Protector: Basic Honeywell

Here is a picture of the setup.

View attachment 67620

The speakers are singing nicely with the O&Bs and ACPs. I haven't got enough time to extensively use the system but my initial impressions are quite good. The speakers sound nice to my ears with a laid-back presentation and good soundstage. The O&B amplifier has got plenty of clean power. Mr. Aniket has done an excellent job by building something that looks and sounds way above its asking price. Now coming to the ACP preamplifier, it put a smile on my face when I made the connections. The change was immediately noticeable even for a first-timer like me. The bass has become tighter and the soundstage was much better.

I made a few kind and knowledgeable friends along the way (Thank you @Prodigy for the amazing support :)) and that is one of the main benefits of joining a community forum like HFV, not to mention the sea of knowledge spread across.

Anyways, I thank everyone for helping along to start the journey. ✌️
Thanks Manu for the lovely review , means a lot to me.

Regards
Aniket Das

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back