Suggestions for Stereo Setup For a Budget of Rs.1 Lakh

For the budget..

1. Allo Boss 2 + DD Amp + Diamond Mishra would be a great combo. Only downside is it would be difficult to stream Indian services. Spotify, Tidal, QOBUZ would work just fine.

2. CCA + Eco DAC of your choice + DD + Diamond Mishra. ( I have currently I similar setup).

If you are fine with used Marantz 1200 or Denon 800 or Yamaha 602/803 will be within range. Look through classifieds, FB groups. Pair the amp with Diamond Mishra.

Happy Hunting!

I dont think it will be overkill.
I have the Marantz M-CR610 (earlier model).
I dont use the CD player anymore. I use Spotify Connect as source, and it works really well.

If you want something cheaper, options are

a) A stereo amp with a seperate streamer. Would agree with the reccomendations to buy a PM6006 (new or used) and attach an inexpensive streamer. A CCA or a Mi Box.

b) Consider the Yamaha WXA 50

Caveat - I have never auditioned it, but reviews are good.

On speakers, just a personal view that a good pair of bookshelves would pair better with amps in this price range.

You can of course go for FS if that is your preference.

QA 3050i and Dali Oberon 5 comes to mind. But these will cost you 60-70K, leaving very little for the amp.
I have been offered the QA 3050is for 53k, which I think is a very good deal and that's one of the main reasons I keep coming back to the QAs.
The Dalis are also good but were priced above my budget.
As you suggested, I may consider separates if I couldn't find a single box solution.

For the budget..

1. Allo Boss 2 + DD Amp + Diamond Mishra would be a great combo. Only downside is it would be difficult to stream Indian services. Spotify, Tidal, QOBUZ would work just fine.

2. CCA + Eco DAC of your choice + DD + Diamond Mishra. ( I have currently I similar setup).

If you are fine with used Marantz 1200 or Denon 800 or Yamaha 602/803 will be within range. Look through classifieds, FB groups. Pair the amp with Diamond Mishra.

Happy Hunting!
Thank you Yogesh for the suggestion.
Will be using Spotify only for streaming.
The Mishras are also on my list. Btw, how's the E30s sound? DD is being offered as an integrated as well as pre+power, no? When is your DD tube pre due?

Thank you Yogesh for the suggestion.
Will be using Spotify only for streaming.
The Mishras are also on my list. Btw, how's the E30s sound? DD is being offered as an integrated as well as pre+power, no? When is your DD tube pre due?
Yes, Aniket offers Int and separates both. Price difference is not much between the two options.

E30 is good for it's price. It's pre function with remote comes quite handy as I have PA only.

Tube pre is WIP with Aniket still. Waiting eagerly.

Hi Dear FMs,

I'm in search of a stereo setup for a budget of maximum Rs. 1 Lakhs.
The setup is for my parents, and so I want to keep it simple. I won't be adding a sub in near future.
Expecting your valuable suggestions.

Usage: 100% Music (Malayalam, Tamil and Hindi Songs Only)
Budget: Rs. 1 Lakh
Room size: 20 ft. x 10 ft. (Normal living room, tiled floors with wooden furniture)

Speakers considered: QA 3050i (Offered price of 53k), SB Acoustics Bromo 2 (44k), Indiq Diamond Mishra (42k), Concept 20 (Discontinued?/47k)

Coming to amp, I would prefer an all in one solution like network receivers just as to avoid complexities in the setup.

So far considered Marantz NR1200 (57k) and Denon DRH-800A (48k). But it seems like both don't have the best SQ.

What are the better alternatives for both speakers and amps?

Any suggestions from experts will be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Though not an Audiophile person, based on the same interest and some knowledge, would suggest Wharfedale Diamond 12.2 or Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2

As far as Integrated Amp are concerned, would suggest Audiolab 6000a, which has a good DAC and also possible to HT Bypass.

Wish u good luck to get a good one and enjoy your music !!

You can also consider Yamaha R-N803 with Elac debut reference dbr62, which should tick most of the boxes.

Though not an Audiophile person, based on the same interest and some knowledge, would suggest Wharfedale Diamond 12.2 or Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2

As far as Integrated Amp are concerned, would suggest Audiolab 6000a, which has a good DAC and also possible to HT Bypass.

Wish u good luck to get a good one and enjoy your music !!
Thank you for the suggestions. The Elacs are well received.
The audiolabs are out of my budget.

Here's food for thought. Check if it is still available for sale.

From the Marantz stable. Should be able to mate with a wide variety of speakers.
Has digital coax/opt inputs too. Add a Pi based streamer/player (with or without DAC).
If you want to explore all-in-ones there is the KEF LSX, Marshall or Klipsch Wireless. Plug and play.
Some FMs have also suggested actives from Q-Acoustics (with a source/streamer)

Options are there. Explore the most common usage by your parents and choose accordingly.

Cheers,
Raghu
Raghu,

can you pls give your input regarding purchase from HifiMart, if you have done so or anyone else known to you ??

No idea about the purchase from such online space

Your experience if any would give a good understanding

Thanks in advance !!

Raghu,

can you pls give your input regarding purchase from HifiMart, if you have done so or anyone else known to you ??

No idea about the purchase from such online space

Your experience if any would give a good understanding

Thanks in advance !!
I have not personally bought from HiFiMart.
But many of HFV members have and can vouch for a good buying experience, support, etc.
It is a legit site. They host this forum :)

Cheers,
Raghu

Thanks for your response Raghu
You may want to talk to Mr. Anil who owns/runs HiFiMart and list your requirements.
He may be able to guide you with what may work and what is available (in stock) currently.
I see on another thread you are looking for HT bypass. Audiolab is a good contender.
I myself use this feature in my preamp (very useful)

Cheers,
Raghu

You may want to talk to Mr. Anil who owns/runs HiFiMart and list your requirements.
He may be able to guide you with what may work and what is available (in stock) currently.
I see on another thread you are looking for HT bypass. Audiolab is a good contender.

Cheers,
Raghu
Nice to hear that you too use the same setup.

Can you pls let me know the components you use for this ?

I have Parasound, it has HT bypass for L/R/Sub (see signature for details - on mobile use landscape mode)
I think Audiolab has HT bypass for L/R only.

Cheers,
Raghu

Cheers,
Raghu

I have Parasound, it has HT bypass for L/R/Sub (see signature for details - on mobile use landscape mode)
I think Audiolab has HT bypass for L/R only.

Cheers,
Raghu
Yes, Audiolab has ht bypass for L/R

considering it as it has ES9018 Sabre32 Reference 32-bit/192kHz and less than Parasound.

You got Parasound from India ? if yes, can you pls let me know who the dealer is ?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back