Help configuration speakers for rock and heavy with tube amp

surely good well calculated speakers will be the top, but I don't like hearing that background not of air movement reflex. The amp manufacturer let me know that in the KT-88 version the tubes can be replaced with 6550 or KT90 others not because different transformers would be needed, he let me know that he safely drives B&W 704.

surely good well calculated speakers will be the top, but I don't like hearing that background not of air movement reflex. The amp manufacturer let me know that in the KT-88 version the tubes can be replaced with 6550 or KT90 others not because different transformers would be needed, he let me know that he safely drives B&W 704.
Upscale audio has a clip on klh and primaluna. Says it works well.

I was browsing around the internet who has a configuration similar to the one I would like to do, for rock and metal they also use tower speakers the JBL 590's too bad they are out of production

I was browsing around the internet who has a configuration similar to the one I would like to do, for rock and metal they also use tower speakers the JBL 590's too bad they are out of production
Dont laugh……
The entry level west coast sound. College Kids blast them at parties.

94 and 92 db. I know someone who has used them and yes they make you shake, rattle and roll.

Dont laugh……
The entry level west coast sound. College Kids blast them at parties.

94 and 92 db. I know someone who has used them and yes they make you shake, rattle and roll.
they do a lot of 90s parties, but for reasons of aesthetic and space combination, I'm trying to look for them in a tower, a question I would like to ask and when looking for a speaker what is the relationship that binds them to the size of the room, based on the number of spl that the speaker delivers?

they do a lot of 90s parties, but for reasons of aesthetic and space combination, I'm trying to look for them in a tower, a question I would like to ask and when looking for a speaker what is the relationship that binds them to the size of the room, based on the number of spl that the speaker delivers?
That depends on how high you want to crank them…..

That depends on how high you want to crank them…..
I guess you mean at what maximum volume to run them, today I was looking around the web and I also happened to have the JBL hp590 are also out of production, they adopt a push pull woofer system, a nice 3-way what do you think?

I guess you mean at what maximum volume to run them, today I was looking around the web and I also happened to have the JBL hp590 are also out of production, they adopt a push pull woofer system, a nice 3-way what do you think?
The price is INR 1.56,000/-
Better hear them before you buy them.

Hey!
Have 2 pairs of 590 and just love them.
Running one with a vintage audio setup and the other with a Primaluna.
They sound fantastic.
Sadly wasn’t available here and had to import the same.
Attaching pic of the vintage gear with the 590.

BF85C76A-6EE8-417B-9E72-A42D2D4243B1.jpeg

Hey!
Have 2 pairs of 590 and just love them.
Running one with a vintage audio setup and the other with a Primaluna.
They sound fantastic.
Sadly wasn’t available here and had to import the same.
Attaching pic of the vintage gear with the 590.

View attachment 72673
There you go…..with Primaluna !

Thats a fine rack you got there ! Do I see a lot of Technics ?

In my opinion, the most important differentiating factor in rock/metal genre with respect to sound spectrum is the usage of overdriven/distorted guitars.

While overdriving/distorting produces higher harmonics which most hi-fi speakers can reproduce easily - what is more important is the balance of frequencies. Typical guitar speaker + cabinet tends to emphasize the 2.5 kHz to 5 kHz spectrum. Most hi-fi speakers tend to dullen these "harsh" frequencies in order to make the speaker sound "sweet" and easy for long duration listening. However, in doing so they are robbing the most important character of rock/metal music.

So, summarizing, speakers that do not dip the 2.5 kHz to 5 kHz spectrum in frequency response would suit this genre the most.

Back