Help! Despair over AV receiver purchase for the last 6 months

Nitinbhai,
You hit the nail on the head. Only thing I would differ about is that this is about brands. It has gone beyond brands, tbh, as we speak.
It is in this same forum that I have read about Marantz issues pre-2019. And today, it is Denon.

This is probably a good time to apologise to OP - their issue was of trust trust and platforms - cos, this is gonna be long while remaining on topic.

This is another issue, which leads us to your next point.

Which we have seen a lot here of late - Indian dealers asking buyers to just change boards and units.
They just don't seem to care about after-sales service and suggest parts replacement as a solution for s/w issues! (which we have seen a lot recently with FMs who have then gotten in touch with the manufacturer, who has in turn sorted the issue remotely)

of course! :) onwards we go.

Having said that, I think there are larger issues to be addressed.
Covid was, of course, one such. We have all seen how it has thrown prices awry. And then the chip shortage.

But beyond these two factors, there are two main issues:
1. As silencer said, planned obsolescence.
Which is just wrong in so many ways, but as consumers, we've come to get used to it.
@Silencer said these products are not like smart phones that we keep changing, but my suspicion is that all the AV (electronics) brands want us to be conditioned along those lines and move on in that direction.

2. The second is, and again it is just my suspicion, the pressures of delivering a calendar year product is just too much, that very many companies have started treating early bird buyers as beta testers!

This is a very tech industry habit that seems to have unfortunately started seeping into other aspects of life. And this is what is more scary than the planned obsolescence, well, plan, of these giants.

Makers of appliances just don't care.

So much so that we are in a world where big airlines don't want to fly to certain American airports as we speak.

Not to forget the Boeing fiasco. If many thousand lives were nothing to them, what's a few fried boxes?

Only surprise is that the so-called Japanese companies are the ones that are faltering in our sphere.
Hope they pull up their socks.

Till then, let us all enjoy our purchases while they last and hopefully keep pushing them to do better via direct contact, like some FMs have already done.

Regards
True K-Pad, I cannot comprehend the need to remove new models ( Calender models as you have aptly described) every year which are most of the times minor updates in the case of avrs. I have been using the SR 7011 since 2018. As of now no itch to change it as I don't find it necessary.
Won't be surprised if in the future they come out with monthly models :)

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back