help finding audiograde passive components in Delhi

bhrtsingh

HI all

I live in Delhi and was planning on building my DIY amps using amp boards or I may say PeeCeeBee's and also a low profile Desktop amp using LM1875. I looked online and with help of some forum members I found few sites selling the LM1875 chip and it was priced around rs180 + Taxes + shipping and I thought it was decent. But then at suggestion of @Aniket i visited old Delhi, and I found the same Chip at rs60 taxes included (a Genuine chip).

I thought to look out for the parts in PeeCeeBee BOM there so I could save some. Though I could find the active genuine parts, but couldn't find the high quality passive parts like vishay dale, wima, panasonic/Nichicon/ELNA etc. over there. But one thing surprised me there that I didn't came across any counterfeit parts clamming to be of good brands, Believe me I tried a lot shops all selling local and Chinese brands. Also need some inductors for speakers cross over a separate project in its own.

so its call for help from any one who knows any Physical Store in Delhi NCR that sells those Genuine parts it would be Great help to me for the project. if not any store that sells those at reasonable rates.

While at the topic would also like to know weather these parts do make a perceivable improvement in sonic quality?

THANKS
Bharat Singh

theaudiocrafts.com is Delhi based online seller. They sell good components.

Check out 8 audio i bought few amp boards fully assembled 3886 , 1875 based ones ,active crossover etc and they are good quality . They also have some solid state amp boards to .

Hello Bharat,

you can buy Vishay from the Old Delhi market. there is a distributor, shop 403. also you can try RS Components, element14.

Regards,
Aniket

I have a few few Elna/Panasonic/Vishay caps lying around. PM me with the values required.

Element 14 is a good online source

Does Element14 allow individuals and hobbyists to purchase online these days? I had ordered a few items from them in 2011/2012 as an individual, but lately they have been asking for company registration details etc, and for individuals(non commercial) they insist on using a reseller(KitsNSpares etc) to place orders.

Does Element14 allow individuals and hobbyists to purchase online these days? I had ordered a few items from them in 2011/2012 as an individual, but lately they have been asking for company registration details etc, and for individuals(non commercial) they insist on using a reseller(KitsNSpares etc) to place orders.
They don't, I faced the same problem and they cancelled the order. You may try arrow.com, similar prices and free shipping.

They don't, I faced the same problem and they cancelled the order. You may try arrow.com, similar prices and free shipping.
Thanks, the trouble with Arrow.com would be same of having duties/customs on top and shipping costs too. Any company doing operations within the country would be a better choice. I have used tanotis.com and inkocean.com but their market segment is a bit different and searching for stuff is a lengthy process. However, both do deliver well around mentioned delivery time.

I registered in Arrow.com. Paypal, Creditcards and Wire Transfer option is there, however, the shipping seems to be International. So they are not doing local Warehousing and Local Routing as it seems. No idea if additional Customs could be charged later during delivery.
Certainly not friendly unless they accept net-banking and do warehousing/routing locally.

Last edited:
Thanks, the trouble with Arrow.com would be same of having duties/customs on top and shipping costs too. Any company doing operations within the country would be a better choice. I have used tanotis.com and inkocean.com but their market segment is a bit different and searching for stuff is a lengthy process. However, both do deliver well around mentioned delivery time.

I registered in Arrow.com. Paypal, Creditcards and Wire Transfer option is there, however, the shipping seems to be International. So they are not doing local Warehousing and Local Routing as it seems. No idea if additional Customs could be charged later during delivery.
Certainly not friendly unless they accept net-banking and do warehousing/routing locally.
Wait for couple of days, my shipment is on the way and I will be able to give a better pic about the customs duty after the delivery. FedEx didn't quote me anything as of now and the package has reached Bangalore.

Mouser ships via FedEx. Last couple of times I had to pay hefty amount of customs duty. Element14 is better in this regard. If you are looking for Nichicon Muse (FG, KZ) then there are no other easier way but to head out to mouser or digikey. However, I do not have any shopping experience with digikey.

Last edited:
I have accumulated most of stuff that I needed from theaudiocrafts.com . The store owner mr. Amrinder is really nice guy, He has a lot of stuff that isn't updated on the site one can contact him directly for parts enquiry on the number mentioned on the site.
I also used in.rscomponents.com to get some of the stuff they sell directly to individuals and the price mentioned includes all import duties, moreover the shipping is free too.

Wait for couple of days, my shipment is on the way and I will be able to give a better pic about the customs duty after the delivery. FedEx didn't quote me anything as of now and the package has reached Bangalore.
Be aware that you would be asked to pay 42% customs duty plus a fixed fedex clearance fee of 400-500.

Mouser has one Pune office.You can call them and ask effective end price, then place order on email.

Be aware that you would be asked to pay 42% customs duty plus a fixed fedex clearance fee of 400-500.

You were right about the FedEX charges, they shipped the components in 3 different packages and FedEX applied the clearance fee of 500 in all three on top of the duty. I didn't accept the order being the duty is more than what I paid for the whole order. Escalated the matter to Arrow and they refunded the cost, apparently it's not the first time they are getting similar complaints.

Back