Need Help!! Project turntable repair in Mumbai!

Anirbanb

Hi. I have a Pro-ject Debut Carbon Espirit 2M RED Turntable - I am getting audio only from one channel and hum from the other - I have shown it to a couple of repair stores in Mumbai and they are saying it cannot be repaired as Project parts/sound board are not available Please could you help with any leads or contacts who could take a look at it and give it a shot. Thanks in Advance. Anirban

Hi Anirban. I am using a Project Debut III, aluminium arm, Ortofon OM cartridge since 2009. Yes it did have its share of niggles and set up issues , but all of this I fixed myself , including the infamous hum and buzz. Provided your motor and belt are okay and speed holds good, we can look at the earthing, cartridge and turntable arm wiring as probable causes of channel drop out and hum. It is a fixable problem. I will be in Mumbai in first week of April and will be glad to assist in getting the sound back . Also your particular model has no inbuilt phono stage, as I recall, so which board / part is being referred to?

Hi. I have a Pro-ject Debut Carbon Espirit 2M RED Turntable - I am getting audio only from one channel and hum from the other - I have shown it to a couple of repair stores in Mumbai and they are saying it cannot be repaired as Project parts/sound board are not available Please could you help with any leads or contacts who could take a look at it and give it a shot. Thanks in Advance. Anirban
@Anirbanb the channel drop and buzz will occur if one of the neutral wires, i.e., blue or green from the cartridge is left unconnected for any reason. Either of these wires could have an unintended break at some stage between the cartridge and the input cable going into your phono. You could test if this has happened by checking for continuity using a multimeter. Alternatively, you could short the blue and green headshell pins which will hopefully solve the problem.

Best wishes

@Anirbanb the channel drop and buzz will occur if one of the neutral wires, i.e., blue or green from the cartridge is left unconnected for any reason. Either of these wires could have an unintended break at some stage between the cartridge and the input cable going into your phono. You could test if this has happened by checking for continuity using a multimeter. Alternatively, you could short the blue and green headshell pins which will hopefully solve the problem.

Best wishes
Sorry, I meant short the blue and green cartridge pins, not headshell pins

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back