Need help in selecting an amplifier!

chefcurry

Hello everyone!
I am utterly confused between selecting an amplifier to go with my Wharfdale 12.3s. I have currently paired the speakers with Marantz NR1200, paired it with an outboard DAC, WiiM Pro streamer, Pro-Ject Carbon turntable with a Pro-ject phono box.

I am looking to upgrade the amplifier and I have shortlisted the following candidates to replace it with -- need your guidance in figuring out which one would be an ideal candidate in the medium-term and maybe something that would be future-proof in some way - if the itch to upgrade comes back again!

1. Audiolab 6000A
2. Marantz PM7000N
3. Cambridge CXA81

Your help and advice is greatly appreciated!

Hello everyone!
I am utterly confused between selecting an amplifier to go with my Wharfdale 12.3s. I have currently paired the speakers with Marantz NR1200, paired it with an outboard DAC, WiiM Pro streamer, Pro-Ject Carbon turntable with a Pro-ject phono box.

I am looking to upgrade the amplifier and I have shortlisted the following candidates to replace it with -- need your guidance in figuring out which one would be an ideal candidate in the medium-term and maybe something that would be future-proof in some way - if the itch to upgrade comes back again!

1. Audiolab 6000A
2. Marantz PM7000N
3. Cambridge CXA81

If I consider after sales support and service, I think Marantz would be a safe bet. At the end of the day you are the end user, audition all 3, compare specs and take the plunge.

Hello everyone!

1. Audiolab 6000A
2. Marantz PM7000N
3. Cambridge CXA81

I have heard the Wharfdale 12.3 with Audiolab at Hifimart's audiotion room. Loved it. The soundstage was excellent. They are from the same parent company and so are obviously a good match!!

I'm currently using my Wharfdale 12.1's in my HT with Marantz SR5015 and pretty happy with this combination as well.

Dear,

I have recently got Marantz PM7000N and I am using it with Dali Z3 speakers. I am completely satisfied with its performance. It is easy to use and having HEOS app which enables it to direct connect to Spotify, Prime Music etc.

Raj

I have Marantz 7000N, but haven't heard the other two amps, so I can't give a comparative opinion.
I have used it initially with Wharfedale 11.2 bookshelves and now with Dali Oberon 5, and I am quite happy with it.
My main reason for choosing it was because I wanted a one box solution (dac-streamer-amp) and it ticked most of the boxes in the price range. It has Spotify Connect and Airplay, but not Chromecast. So I needed to add a Google Chromecast Audio. So it's not quite a one box solution. A drawback is the absence of a usb audio input. (it has coax and 2 optical).

Dear,

I have recently got Marantz PM7000N and I am using it with Dali Z3 speakers. I am completely satisfied with its performance. It is easy to use and having HEOS app which enables it to direct connect to Spotify, Prime Music etc.

Raj
Yes, for an all-in-one solution it is great. But I have already purchased a streamer. So not sure what will I do with that!

I have Marantz 7000N, but haven't heard the other two amps, so I can't give a comparative opinion.
I have used it initially with Wharfedale 11.2 bookshelves and now with Dali Oberon 5, and I am quite happy with it.
My main reason for choosing it was because I wanted a one box solution (dac-streamer-amp) and it ticked most of the boxes in the price range. It has Spotify Connect and Airplay, but not Chromecast. So I needed to add a Google Chromecast Audio. So it's not quite a one box solution. A drawback is the absence of a usb audio input. (it has coax and 2 optical).
Does it have enough juice to drive the floor standers?

Does it have enough juice to drive the floor standers?
Yes, it's driving the Dalis very comfortably.
But I have already purchased a streamer. So not sure what will I do with that!
That's a good point. Since you already have Wiim pro as well as a DAC , you should really be looking at standalone amps to get the most out of your investment.

Sir,
A drawback is the absence of a usb audio input. (it has coax and 2 optical).
if you are referring here USB Input (USB Drive). The 7000n has also Usb port which can easily play digital media on USB drive through HEOS app.

Thank You

Yes, it's driving the Dalis very comfortably.

That's a good point. Since you already have Wiim pro as well as a DAC , you should really be looking at standalone amps to get the most out of your investment.
Any recommendations for stand-alone amps? I have heard Marantz PM8006 is good

Yes, PM8006 is good. There is also an Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga on sale in the classifieds. It has generally good reviews on the forum. You may want to explore it. Haven't heard it myself.

Hello everyone!

1. Audiolab 6000A
2. Marantz PM7000N
3. Cambridge CXA81

I suggest you go directly to end game. Diy amplifier made by Indian companies like O&B aniket das. Why waste money elsewhere. Go directly to the best sound possible for the money

I own a PM8006. It's very very good. It's can be used a pre amplifier or power amplifier or integrated. It's made in Japan and the build quality is solid. Sound is warm, rich and full bodied. Great sound stage albeit not eh fastest or exciting in its presentation.

Hello everyone!

1. Audiolab 6000A
2. Marantz PM7000N
3. Cambridge CXA81

Marantz is a very musical one and it pairs well with wharefedal. However , recently I have seen a marantz amp on sale in the classified section, you can try it. Again all the three amps that you mentioned are good . Best way to buy an amp is to audition it .
Regards

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back