Help for connecting casette player to Onkyo607

imgarg

:):):):):)

Hi all,

After a great deal of research (with due regards and thanks, have used the vast experience of all the HiFiVision members posted on this forum), I have finally got home the Onkyo607 avr alongwith Jamo606 FS (Front Channel only) and also added a Pioneer 22o DVP.

My main use of the above set-up is for music (60%) and movies (40%), am yet to find a good sub as well as slowly will be completing the 7.2 setup over next one year.

As of now I need a help from the experts on this forum. I am stuck with last generation but a huge and rich stock of Audio Casettes Tapes which I have to make use of as I can't think of disposing off such a rich collection.

I am in no mood to spend huge money in buying a new casette deck as this technology have alreay become outdated.

I would somehow like to hook a low cost cassete player with my AVR (Onkyo607).

Can any one help/suggest any inexpensive and best way to connect a casette player (i.e. old sony walkman/similat player or new sony casette player with EP outs to AVR just to utilise my stock till the time I can and am able to convert every thing in to CDs.

Would be thankful for any suggestions.

Regards

;););););)

Last edited:
Try to look for a player with pre outs and then connect them to your AVR's tape in with a regular RCA cable. If you want to connect a walkman then look for stereo pre out on that too, I remember that Sony walkman models had them along with the head phone output jack.

:):):):):)

Can any one help/suggest any inexpensive and best way to connect a casette player (i.e. old sony walkman/similat player or new sony casette player with EP outs to AVR just to utilise my stock till the time I can and am able to convert every thing in to CDs.

Would be thankful for any suggestions.

Regards

;););););)

I know CD is easy BUT please please dont convert them. The bliss of listening from casettes are ageless. See if you can get some good casette players at a nice rates. The SQ is great if you have a good cassette player.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back