Help for DIY Sub(s) in Chennai

Likewise-what lingo is spoken in "Third Rock" anyway ?

......... :D

I find that at many sites like Diyaudiocart the items get sold out very fast. Is there a way one can pre order them ?
Even 'IF' the prices are slightly higher it's worth it as it's a local shipment with hopefully no hassles. Would like to see them expand their range of products.
Or why don't they do a group buy for us and also pass on the price benefit to the customer ?

Is there any Indian online DVD store for International music video's ?
Thanks.

All that was OT.
You can get an Eminence Lab12 sub for around Rs12K . It will fit in an 18 inch sealed cube. I have one but haven't measured it yet. Qtc is close to 0.7 without any filling ! Should be quite extended close to the wall. I've used it but not long enough to evaluate it. However it does sound good.
I put up a picture some time ago on another thread.
Can't be more than about 1.5K worth of 18mm MDF ( with double layer front panel ). The driver is quite heavy.

Last edited by a moderator:
drivers - are you talking about the ones on Lamingtion road etc.. - the ones you use in your TL speakers ? ;)

Plate amps - i was referring to the ones with phase control. For serious home audio - this is a must.

regards

Till date i have never purchased any driver from Lamington Road. I only buy crossover components from there. The drivers were procured from Amazon.in and shipped from Bhiwandi, Thane.

Plate Amps - yeah i am aware of phase controls in subs. If used well its good to have, else will ruin the integration of the sub with the main. The one i have seen in Mumbai has a fixed phase switch of either 0 deg / 180 deg. Variable phase control plate amplifiers are very expensive and beyond the reach of DIY.

-

In that case, I don't understand this:

DIYAUDIOCART's price is 4,441. Assuming they [diyaudiocart] don't charge tax and don't charge for shipping like you assume in your statement, this price is 1.4% more than what your customer paid. Where did the 17% and 20% come from? What am I missing here? I'm going to blame this on the heat in Mumbai. :D

The total invoice amount is Rs.8760/- for 2 nos. which is inclusive of 12.5% VAT Rs.973.33/-. The unit price is Rs.3893/- (Each). Due to local shipment, shipping is free in the invoice.

diyaudiocart is unit price is 4441/-. if you add 12.5% VAT it will be 4996/-. Assuming Rs.200/- shipping charges- 5196/- which makes it 15.71% expensive to purchase for me.

If you require more detail, I will mail you the invoice copy for the breakups. :)

I find that at many sites like Diyaudiocart the items get sold out very fast. Is there a way one can pre order them ?
Even 'IF' the prices are slightly higher it's worth it as it's a local shipment with hopefully no hassles. Would like to see them expand their range of products.
Or why don't they do a group buy for us and also pass on the price benefit to the customer ?

Is there any Indian online DVD store for International music video's ?
Thanks.

We are also trying our best to expand the product range, but it requires huge investment and the risk is also high. That is the reason why we are not stocking products beyond a certain level.

Pre-Booking is there, lot of people including our FMs has booked items and we were able to deliver the items in 20 to 35 days. We have one or two shipments coming from Dayton Audio every month so it will not be that difficult to arrange material. I am open for a group buy if any one interested in.

Thanks,
Bibin

Hi ,
I think Bibin is in fact doing a great for the diy community .It is not easy to run a ecommerce site like diyaudiocart.We should wholeheartedly encourage him in his endeavor .
regards
Somak

either way this discussion is theoretical now as the drivers are out of stock now on amazon & other sites, and the seller is bajao - who don't have a great reputation here on hfv.
plus all these new ecommerce portals are throwing vc money on discounts, which the little guy can't compete with.

not saying everyone should buy from dac or any other vendor, but i think the community support has to be worth something :/

Fact of the matter is: everyone is doing this to make a profit. Like they should. No one is doing anyone a favor. Like they shouldn't. The problem begins when the prices are ridiculous or the price differential is a lot as compared to other places. That, I think is the issue at hand. That is for us to be aware of and to exercise and make an informed choice. But, all this is discussion for its own thread so I will stop here and post no more on this. As I rightly should.

There are some good SVC/DVC car subwoofers available for sale online. They make excellent subwoofers if you work out appropriate boxes for them. You just need a proper Amp of 150 watts RMS. The down side i think of using a car sub is, some models need quite a lot of amplification due to their robust spider construction to take on all the potholes when the car runs.The pain is getting the box done by running behind a carpenter.

and the seller is bajao - who don't have a great reputation here on hfv.
:/
My driver got delivered the next day from Bajjao after order with zero shipping charges. I also know where there office are located. If anyone had issues they can directly contact me and i can try to help if possible.

Dear FM's,

Please help / guide me in a DIY project for 2 x 10" subs - mainly for music and they will be connected to my NAD's Pre-out 1 & 2.

I have read a lot of fascinating posts about DIY subs, but they are too technical for me.

I do not have the luxury of time to hire a carpenter. Need guidance on where to get ready made DIY kits.

Is it wishful thinking to be able to build 2 x 10" down firing subs under 50K?

Maybe a kickass 12" sub instead of 2 x 10".

Many thanks in advance.
Hi Shah

If you are planning for DIY SUB and have some knowledge on how to put the pieces together,i suggest you make a visit to Sivaprakasam street in mount road, you will definitely get an idea of how you are going to do it.

you can get all the components form SUB box to integrated chips, they also have clone PCB of reputed brands.

Give it a try.

Regards
Bala

Hi Shah

If you are planning for DIY SUB and have some knowledge on how to put the pieces together,i suggest you make a visit to Sivaprakasam street in mount road, you will definitely get an idea of how you are going to do it.

you can get all the components form SUB box to integrated chips, they also have clone PCB of reputed brands.

Give it a try.

Regards
Bala

Hello bala and All, Many thanks for all your inputs. Highly appreciated. I am in touch with Mr. Hari as well who has given very good inputs on the ATL subs and was kind to give me a quote in line with the season's festive spirit.

I went to Craftel and met Mark. Guess he is not interested as he never got back to me. Out of the country now, hope to get something done when I am back.

Any views on Samson subs - Samson Resolv RXA10S / Samson Resolv 120a

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back