Help for DVD Player

utkarsh

I have a Sony 26" LCD and Harman Kardon AVR 133. I am now in search for a suitable DVD player with following features. 1. HDMI out 2. Upscaling to 1080p 3. USB play back Also I need to clarify the following.
1. Can I play a full 1920x1080 resolution movie from USB in DVD Player?
2. Will there be any capacity limit to the USB device connected with DVD Player?
3. If i connect Tata Sky with DVD using AV cable and use DVD HDMI port to connect LCD will be improve the video quality.

Thanks

1. Can I play a full 1920x1080 resolution movie from USB in DVD Player?

This depends on the format of the file stored on the USB device. Most ripped movies are less than FullHD because of size limitations.

2. Will there be any capacity limit to the USB device connected with DVD Player?

This has been discussed many times before, and again would depend upon the player. Most players do not recognise NTFS system and would expect the hard drive to be formatted in FAT16 or FAT32. Pioneer players have a limit of roughly 125GB and about 600 files. They do not recognise anything beyond that.

3. If i connect Tata Sky with DVD using AV cable and use DVD HDMI port to connect LCD will be improve the video quality.

A DVD Player is just a player. It cannot route any data to the screen. Remember, a DVD Player does not have any input sockets, so you cannot connect any external source such as Tata Sky. A DVD Player can only pick up information from a disc or a USB device and output that to your AVR or screen.

To process or upscale a STB data, you need to connect it to an AVR and the AVR to the screen.

Cheers

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back