Help! Getting Benq W1070 fan error

hanch

Folks,

For last couple of months BenQ W1070 turns off randomly and I see both power and temp buttons are solid red. According to the service manual its "fan 1" speed error running at +/-25% speed.

Initially when I got this error I have turned on high altitude mode, though fan noise is loud it worked for a while. Now again I see same error randomly and its quite annoying.

Has anyone had similar issue? Before I go to Benq service(out of warranty as I brought this from US), just want to know is this something can be fixed with fan replacement etc.,

Also how good is BenQ service in India?

Appreciate your help!

regards
hanch

Folks,

For last couple of months BenQ W1070 turns off randomly and I see both power and temp buttons are solid red. According to the service manual its "fan 1" speed error running at +/-25% speed.

Initially when I got this error I have turned on high altitude mode, though fan noise is loud it worked for a while. Now again I see same error randomly and its quite annoying.

Has anyone had similar issue? Before I go to Benq service(out of warranty as I brought this from US), just want to know is this something can be fixed with fan replacement etc.,

Also how good is BenQ service in India?

Appreciate your help!

regards
hanch
I faced a similar issue* in my 3 year old Benq projector MX661 few months back, went to official service center in Kilpauk, Chennai and got it fixed for around 3k, works like a charm now

*Projector would switch off automatically after few minutes of switching on

Hope this helps

Athulan

I faced a similar issue* in my 3 year old Benq projector MX661 few months back, went to official service center in Kilpauk, Chennai and got it fixed for around 3k, works like a charm now

*Projector would switch off automatically after few minutes of switching on

Hope this helps

Athulan

Thanks! I have raised a service request with BenQ waiting for service center details.

i too faced similar problem earlier with my epson projector,when i switch on the projector the power indicator comes on then after few seconds the temp indicator glows red repeatedly,means the projector is getting hot.

Reason 2 Toshiba (Blower Fan) were not working,showed it to the epson authorised centre,but they said no stock and also difficult to get as it was out of warranty.

I searched in google was able to get it from this site it is the exact blower fan i was looking for.
Toshiba SF6023CLH12-54PE Server - Blower Fan SF6023CLH12-54PE

Seen these you-tube videos and i myself got it fixed now its working fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXHQVb4LFMQ

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezwz1bvLWd4

You can check up the blower fans few are visible with torch,or else have to open up and check there will be about 6 blower fans and one big say 4inch exhaust fan,see all are working in your case 1 minimum has failed.

They are the reason for the temp indicator to glow.

thanks
rajesh

Hello,

I've got the same problem with my Benq w1070 (power and temp buttons are solid red : fan 1).

Does someone could solve this problem ?

Thank you for your help.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back