Help:How to get connect ARC HDMI from LG samrt TV to Denon AVR

idlefriend

Hi experts..I am trying to get sound from LG smart tv to Denon AVR.I have connected ARC HDMI from TV to Denon AVR but no luck.I tried everything.Please help me how to connect it.Is there any specific setting in Denon AVR??Please help me.

Thanks in Advance.

The connection goes like this:

HDMI TV ARC ---> TV Monitor HDMI connector in AVR

Satellite TV Set-top Box (TATA SKY, Airtel) HDMI ----> CBL/SAT in AVR

You will have to power on your AVR and switch to the correct input on the AVR. For example, if you have a satellite cable i.e. tata sky or airtel and have connected to the CBL/SAT in AVR, you will have to keep the AVR powered on, on CBL/SAT.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further inputs.

Regards,

Pushkaraj

Hi,

Most imp to note is that some of the HDMI ports on the TV also support DVI....this kind of port does not support ARC...so accordingly connect the avr...

The connection goes like this:

HDMI TV ARC ---> TV Monitor HDMI connector in AVR

Satellite TV Set-top Box (TATA SKY, Airtel) HDMI ----> CBL/SAT in AVR

You will have to power on your AVR and switch to the correct input on the AVR. For example, if you have a satellite cable i.e. tata sky or airtel and have connected to the CBL/SAT in AVR, you will have to keep the AVR powered on, on CBL/SAT.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further inputs.

Regards,

Pushkaraj
Nope.It wont help it any way because we will get audio in TV audio option in denon AVR once ARC will set properly.

Hi experts..I am trying to get sound from LG smart tv to Denon AVR.I have connected ARC HDMI from TV to Denon AVR but no luck.I tried everything.Please help me how to connect it.Is there any specific setting in Denon AVR??Please help me.

Thanks in Advance.

I am finding exactly in your situation. I too have a LG WebOS2.0 smart TV(LF6300). It has one ARC HDMI port.
Are you trying to get lossless sound out of your TV ARC to Denon AVR? If so, i believe there is some setting withing LG TV that needs to be changed.

I am finding exactly in your situation. I too have a LG WebOS2.0 smart TV(LF6300). It has one ARC HDMI port.
Are you trying to get lossless sound out of your TV ARC to Denon AVR? If so, i believe there is some setting withing LG TV that needs to be changed.

I think I have done all the settings in LG TV,I have doubt if I have missed anything in denon AVR.can you tell me what are the settings has to maintain in AVR?I am changing my HDMI cable also.will see how it will work.

Is ARC enabled in AVR?

I too have an LG 50" Web OS TV. It is working flawlessly with me.

Regards,

Pushkaraj

Is ARC enabled in AVR?

I too have an LG 50" Web OS TV. It is working flawlessly with me.

Regards,

Pushkaraj

Very happy to know that it works in your LG tv. Just to confirm, are you connecting your Hard disk/Pendrive containing movies with HD audio to the USB port of the TV and then connecting the AVR with the ARC HDMI port of LG Tv to make the TV pass audio as is to AVR and letting the AVR do the decoding?

Nope. To have proper decoding of the sound, I connect my HDDs to my Bluray player and then play the content from it.

Regards,

Pushkaraj

1st off all you have to confirm once again your HDMI cable is supporting ARC. I purchased 3 cables (two of them from locally and one is online) what are written on the pack as ARC, but not working. One of the HDMI cable came with my mediaplayer properly working ARC. So be sure you purchased latest HDMI 2.0 cable.

Now open your AVR settings.
Setup button on Remote>Video>HDMI setup> HDMI Control -On
This will enable ARC on your AVR.

Now once again be sure you connected both TV and AVR through ARC enabled HDMI ports.

1st off all you have to confirm once again your HDMI cable is supporting ARC. I purchased 3 cables (two of them from locally and one is online) what are written on the pack as ARC, but not working. One of the HDMI cable came with my mediaplayer properly working ARC. So be sure you purchased latest HDMI 2.0 cable.

Now open your AVR settings.
Setup button on Remote>Video>HDMI setup> HDMI Control -On
This will enable ARC on your AVR.

Now once again be sure you connected both TV and AVR through ARC enabled HDMI ports.

switching to TV sound should be on or off??

switching to TV sound should be on or off??

You can keep it on. What this basically means is that you can keep your AVR in stand-by mode which will give you the audio from the TV speakers just like plain vanilla connection that you do from your STB to TV sans any other connection in-between.

Regards,

Pushkaraj

Thanks in Advance.

What's your AVR model?
Denon AVRs older than 2011 don't support HDMI ARC

Route all your external sources via HDMI to the AVR and then to the TV..
For media that you play on the TV directly, you can use TOSLINK to transfer the audio to the AVR

Thanks for your support guys..actually the HDMI cable is the faulty.I changed the cable and now it is working fine.But I am getting only DTS but Not DTS HD.Is LG smart tv can decode DTS HD sound??

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back