Help in choosing LCD TV

shreeps

Hello Gurus and Experts,

I am a newbie to this forum as well as the fascinating world of A/V gizmos.

I have recently purchased a house and am planning to purchase a new LCD TV when I move in.

I will be grateful if all of you can assist me in coming to a good decision.

The important points for me are:

1. Size: 46/47 inches: The viewing distance is around 13-14 feet, but my budget doesn't permit anything larger I guess.
2. Budget: Around 90k
3. Type: LCD with CCFL or LED.
4. USB: Need to have atleast 1 USB input so that I can watch movies, songs etc directly from my pen drive
5. 3 or more HDMI ports: So that I can connect my DVD player, Camcorder (both HD) and Wii console
6. Games: Ability to connect my Wii console and play games without lag or jerkiness
7. Sound: Decent enough audio quality since I havent determined if I will have the money left over to buy a good HT setup.
8. Connectivity: Able to connect directly from my Laptop and external hard drive and play movies from there
9. SD handling: Last but not the least, since majority of our TV watching will consist of cable/DTH, need decent SD capabilities. (need help on choosing a good DTH/Cable package but I guess thats a topic for a new thread :p)

Thanks in advance for your help people!!

Well, yes I did. In fact that was the first thing I did when I joined the forum :).
There were a number of posts with queries on LCD TVs but the criteria that the posters had were different from mine.
I did receive a wealth of info about LCD TVs in general but would have appreciated some words of advice specific to my scenario from the experts.

Hi,

I am newbie here too and kinda have the same requirements and am ok to go for the 42" models... any help wud be appreciated.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back