Help in connecting Onkyo 607 and Energy Take Classic 5.1

king

I just acquired a set of ONKYO TX SR607 7.2 receiver and Energy Take Classic 5.1 speaker system along with 2 Energy C50 speaker for the front.
I am yet to do the cabling for my home theater room.
Room is approx 12ft*10ft in size and I will have a 7.1 speaker system.

Can you guys help me in choosing the cables as to 14 or 16 gauge.
Should I use banana plugs on Onkyo and speakers or bare wire is the best.
What should be the best distance between the speakers.
Which HDMI cable should I go for.
any help is appreciated...

Get 16AWG DAC wire (under 60/mt) for the surrounds and 14 AWG for the fronts, center. If you keep fiddling with the AVR now and then, get the banana plugs, otherwise bare ends will lbe just fine.

Refer the Dolby website for some baseline advice on speaker placement. All the best, have a blast.

Hey, Thanks a lot for such a quick response.
Any idea where can I get them in Bangalore, what is the ideal distance from the wall if I want to wall mount them, which I guess i will have to considering 5.1 is a satellite system.

Thanks much

I just acquired a set of ONKYO TX SR607 7.2 receiver and Energy Take Classic 5.1 speaker system along with 2 Energy C50 speaker for the front.

Congratulations King,

Can you give the prices and from where, I will be visiting Bangalore this weekend for Demo and purchase

Thanks
Gap G J

You can mount the fronts 6..7ft apart, which gives you 1.5 to 2ft gap to the walls on either side. If you are getting mounts that will hold the speaker away from the wall, 1 to 1.5ft away from the back wall will help.

Considering your room size and lack of quality 7.1 content out there, you may want to start with a 5.1 setup and store the remaining 2 speakers for now. A 5.1 setup with the Energy speakers will fill that room, I guess.

DAC dealers

Thanks Gap :)
Got the energy set from reynolds in Bangalore, they charged 40k for Take classic 5.1 and 1 set of C50 speakers, you can check with them at 08023326341.
Onkyo 607, I got from singapore for 27K but I assume you can get it in Bangalore for ~35k.

Thanks Skumar, I won't be able to conceal my HT wiring later thats why I wanted to go with 7.1 in the beginning, I will always have the option of unplugging the surround speakers.

Thanks King,

Can you give me the address for reynolds.

Thanks Gap :)
Got the energy set from reynolds in Bangalore, they charged 40k for Take classic 5.1 and 1 set of C50 speakers, you can check with them at 08023326341.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back