Help in deciding Assembled PC Configuration

sktaliyan

Dear FMs,

I recently disposed off my PC n am looking for a new one. May I request help of learned FMs in deciding the configuration so that I could buy the components and have it assembled at Nehru Place IT Hub at Delhi. I am looking for contemporary configuration for home use. Not into computer gaming etc. prefer outdoors!!:eek:hyeah: The budget is approx Rs 25-30k.

Why do you want to go for an assembled pc ?
Since it is only for home use and you are not looking into gaming etc.. With a 30k budget you will get a decent laptop pre-loaded with a legal copy of the OS.

Just check on Flipkart / Snapdeal etc..
If going for Windows 8 , upgrade your ram to 8gb and you should be all set.

If you already have lcd monitor then look at intel nuc. For a home use (browsing, movies, audio) even the celeron nuc is good. It would be i the range of 9k + 4gb ram and hdd. Approx 14k total. Hang it behind the lcd monitor woth the provided brackets and you have a sleek home pc.

Last edited:
If you already have lcd monitor then look at intel nuc. For a home use (browsing, movies, audio) even the celeron nuc is good. It would be i the range of 9k + 4gb ram and hdd. Approx 14k total. Hang it behind the lcd monitor woth the provided brackets and you have a sleek home pc.

Thanx ach82002,

No I disposed off LCD also. Would be looking for 20-22 inch LCD/LED monitor. Was plg to buy components from cost2cost at Nehru Place or any other shop which is preferred by computer geeks!! Is it possible to suggest components nomenclature - CPU & compatible motherboard. I was thinking of going in for Intel i5 CPU n which would be a compatible MB.

Thanx ach82002,

No I disposed off LCD also. Would be looking for 20-22 inch LCD/LED monitor. Was plg to buy components from cost2cost at Nehru Place or any other shop which is preferred by computer geeks!! Is it possible to suggest components nomenclature - CPU & compatible motherboard. I was thinking of going in for Intel i5 CPU n which would be a compatible MB.

If you want to get exact models for components, I can pm suggestions.
However I agree with 'madhurvyas'. NUC saves a lot of desk space, just hides behind the LCD. If you want i5 then go for NUC with i5, it would cost approx 25K and then you need wifi card/Dongle, RAM and HDD, given your usages stated previously I think Mini PC - Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH is sufficient, also this one has wifi card pre installed while i5/i3 NUC does not. The celeron based NUC plays 1080p/Blu Rays without any hiccup, so good for HT pc use as well however celeron NUC does not bitstream HD audio formats in windows but in linux (openelec OS) it does. i3 and i5 NUCs do bitstreaming of HD audio in windows.

Last edited:
I would suggest if processing power is not the main objective then save money on it, means buy i3 or celeron nuc, or normal pentium dual core, buy all wireless equipment display, keyboard mouse, wireless hdd etc, means spend money on ease of use instead of processing power which you will never use.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back