Help Installing Onkyo 3200

navino87

Y'day I bought onkyo 3200 for Rs.22000 :yahoo:. This is my first experience with home theater systems. For installation they charge 1.5k. So i thought of installing it by myself... So i need help from you guys..

Devices:
Panasonic X10 50"
Onkyo 3200
Xtreamer
Local cable service

The following are the connections tat i done between devices:

Connected Cable TV wire to TV.

X10 and Onkyo 3200 :
1. Component cable : TV Out to Amp In
2. HDMI Cable : Amp out to TV In

Xtreamer and Onkyo 3200 :
1. HDMI Cable : Xtreamer out to Amp In
2. Optical Cable : Xtreamer out to Amp In

Is this all done??? Audio output from both TV and xtreamer is perfect.

Also plz recommend me best setting for movies and music...

help me out guys

For movies or music, I suggest that start with Direct/Straight mode which will output the audio in the original mode. You can try out other DSP modes if you are not satisfied with these modes. If you have decent source/content and play DD/DTS tracks, you don't need any other DSP modes. But, feel free to experiment.

Is this all done??? Audio output from both TV and xtreamer is perfect.

Also plz recommend me best setting for movies and music...

I am assuming you have connected as you have noted in your post. Apart from this your query is not very clear - if you are looking for recommendation for watching movies and music.

You have not mentioned how many speakers you ahve connected. So its hard to suggest some options to try out. I would suggest to play around with your DSP settings (cinema hall, jazz and such) till you get one that sounds good.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back