HELP! I've got a demo piece with IR and am not sure what do now!

@Blasto = Hence not able to make up mind 100% :sad: I was reeeallly hoping to see some better improvements in the C450 :rolleyes: over B450.
Any news on the C550 - 42" launch....since the 50" is already available....and if so..would it make sense to wait for the C550 and the additional $$ for a 42" with 11/12 ft veiwing distance ??

@Blasto = Hence not able to make up mind 100% :sad: I was reeeallly hoping to see some better improvements in the C450 :rolleyes: over B450.
Any news on the C550 - 42" launch....since the 50" is already available....and if so..would it make sense to wait for the C550 and the additional $$ for a 42" with 11/12 ft veiwing distance ??

Well, no great differences in PQ between C450 and B450. Samsung seem to have worked on getting the TV slimmer. As I told earlier, there could be minor differenced which are masked by the store's ambient light. In short, dont expect much in terms of PQ difference from B450.

There is no 42" C550 internationally too I suppose. I doubt there are any 42" FHD plasmas with samsung.

@ vramak - I feel bad for u man...for all the trouble u r going thru. That being said...once u get the DD and if u plan on getting the C450..u would actually end up saving 2.5 / 3 k on ur purchase...assuming u got the B450 for 44/45k which was the mkt price then, compared to the C450 which is at 41.5k now :yahoo: Yeah - u also get the newer model :yahoo: Guess it would bring in some cheer back in u, post this horrible period. Till then try out all possible combinations with the B450. I do sincerely hope that you come out of this situation asap !!!

Thanks a lot for your kind words man. :)

C450 has no 100 Hz and no headphone out.

100Hz is not a removable feature. It refers to the native refresh rate of the TV. All PAL TV's will have refresh rates in multiples of 50 and NTSC one's in multiples of 60. Samsung probably removed the 100Hz label to let customers see only the '600Hz subfield drive' label and thereby let them know how superior plasma's are to 100Hz and 200Hz LCDs.

Hi.,

I bought a LG 42LD650 from LG Shoppe.

However, the small polytine strips around its border are all bubbled and coming out.

Is it normal?

Hope it is not a DEMO Set.

Please help ASAP

this is horrible situation, man!

but did you not notice the bubbled polytine strips when you chose the tv?

whenever i go to shop - i choose the article and mark the article with (staedler) INDELIBLE INK pen -

and if the article comes home without the mark -

it is sent back.

in this situation - tell the situation about polytine strips to the top boss of the shop - and tell him that this is horrible feeling to get bottom of gutter feeling - even if the piece is BRAND NEW and not demo piece-

still, customer must feel good that everything is spick and span and the polytine strips are not bubbly and looking horrible.

good luck, man!

FINAL UPDATE: Finally, 2 months and 25 days after reporting the problem, my TV was taken back today and I was given a full refund as a cheque.

Thanks to everyone who gave me their valuable suggestions. :)

I was actually kinda sad to see the TV go. Except for the burn-in it came with, it was a nice set and I liked it. Anyways, the hunt for a TV has to start again and thanks to the free, 3 month 'Understand HDTVs' course offered by Samsung, I'm equipped with more knowledge to make a choice now. :)

this is horrible situation, man!

but did you not notice the bubbled polytine strips when you chose the tv?

whenever i go to shop - i choose the article and mark the article with (staedler) INDELIBLE INK pen -

Yes, a BIG X mark across the screen in permanent ink!! :)

Just my 2p

Cheers

FINAL UPDATE: Finally, 2 months and 25 days after reporting the problem, my TV was taken back today and I was given a full refund as a cheque.

I was actually kinda sad to see the TV go. Except for the burn-in it came with, it was a nice set and I liked it. Anyways, the hunt for a TV has to start again and thanks to the free, 3 month 'Understand HDTVs' course offered by Samsung, I'm equipped with more knowledge to make a choice now. :)
Must be a big relief for you. Good to know that you got full refund.

hey thats really nice...congrates buddy, now u have a choice to choose your new TV with more inhand practical knowledge and experiance, that too among from the recently launched newer models :clapping:

Must be a big relief for you. Good to know that you got full refund.

Thanks dude! :)

hey thats really nice...congrates buddy, now u have a choice to choose your new TV with more inhand practical knowledge and experiance, that too among from the recently launched newer models :clapping:

Thanks buddy! My gratitude to Samsung for helping me with acquiring knowledge though they took a long long time to resolve the problem.

Hey.. good to know you got full refund.. Now you can choose a new model..

lucky you.. Free plasma TV for three months that too without any fear of burning it out since it was already a bad piece..

do update about your new TV.. anything shortlisted?

Hey.. good to know you got full refund.. Now you can choose a new model..

lucky you.. Free plasma TV for three months that too without any fear of burning it out since it was already a bad piece..

do update about your new TV.. anything shortlisted?

Thanks a lot! :)

I'm interested in Pana V20 now. But I'm wondering if I should spend 60+K on a TV.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back