Help me buy Mulitchannel Audio cables from the Oppo BD-83 to Amplifier

max123_ind

Hi Guys... I have a question..

Earlier in another thread I was suggested by our own expert "venkatcr" to go for individual RCA cables available, tag them and use.. OR buy color coded ones from BlueJeans cable as they offer Value for money

I saw on eZone that a "Bandridge SAL4202 Audio Grade Cable" is 600 rupees (ezone.futurebazaar.com : Bandridge SAL4202 Audio Grade Cable : Audio Accessories). So if I want for 5.1 it's a total of 6 x 600 = 3,600/-. I have not enquired about prices of MX.

if I buy from BlueJeans cable ( Multichannel Audio Cables at Blue Jeans Cable ) for 2 meters it will be approx 4,200/- rupees.. I'm not concerned about the price.. if the BlueJeansCable thingy offers even slightest advantage over Bandridge or MX I'll go for BJC brand cables. (BJC LC-1 Multi-Channel Audio Cables)

"venkatcr" or anyone experienced with multichannel cables, can you please comment?

Last edited:
Hi
If you are not worried about the price, you can go for Blue Jeans or even have many options locally - incl Chord, Kimber, Audio Art, Groneberg, etc
they will give you better performance compared to the MX ones

cheers

BJC has chosen the cable and connectors for specific reason and has assembled them carefully, It is very conscious about quality. Though Bandridge may be good, the additional 600 Rupees is well worth the quality you will get from BJC. Many of our members are using BJC cables and they are all extremely happy.

Cheers

I have BJC interconnects and canare quad speaker from BJC. They are very good. They also have chinese made ones which are sold from a different website. You can ask the Bluejeans guy. I forgot the website name. I use my 35 ft Component video cable for my projector from them, not at all expensive but of High quality.

Thanks
Pandu

Hi Guys... I have a question..

Earlier in another thread I was suggested by our own expert "venkatcr" to go for individual RCA cables available, tag them and use.. OR buy color coded ones from BlueJeans cable as they offer Value for money

I saw on eZone that a "Bandridge SAL4202 Audio Grade Cable" is 600 rupees (ezone.futurebazaar.com : Bandridge SAL4202 Audio Grade Cable : Audio Accessories). So if I want for 5.1 it's a total of 6 x 600 = 3,600/-. I have not enquired about prices of MX.

if I buy from BlueJeans cable ( Multichannel Audio Cables at Blue Jeans Cable ) for 2 meters it will be approx 4,200/- rupees.. I'm not concerned about the price.. if the BlueJeansCable thingy offers even slightest advantage over Bandridge or MX I'll go for BJC brand cables. (BJC LC-1 Multi-Channel Audio Cables)

"venkatcr" or anyone experienced with multichannel cables, can you please comment?

FYI.. i checked the link about bandridge cable.. its a pair.. you don't need 6.. only 3 for 5.1 connection..

if you recalculate it becomes 3x600=1800/-

FYI.. i checked the link about bandridge cable.. its a pair.. you don't need 6.. only 3 for 5.1 connection..

Though you are correct, he is showing four ends of the same cable pair. To connect a 5.1 audio, you will need 6 individual (single) cables - one each for Fronts L&R (2), one for centre (1), two each for the surrounds (2), and one for the LFE also called SW (1).

Cheers

Cool, I'm gonna go ahead and purchase the multichannel from BJC. Are the HDMI cables from BJC good too? I see quite a few options including sopme made in China..

Can someone receommend any of them along with this one? I wish to use the HDMI that comes free with Oppo but would like some spares..

Thanks in advance.

Though you are correct, he is showing four ends of the same cable pair. To connect a 5.1 audio, you will need 6 individual (single) cables - one each for Fronts L&R (2), one for centre (1), two each for the surrounds (2), and one for the LFE also called SW (1).

Cheers

I agree for the BJC cable, he needs 6 individuals.. :)

But band-ridge is cable pair..
why does he need 6 pair?
the price is for the pair..

600/- for High Definition Stereo Audio Cable 2 x RCA Male to 2 x RCA Male

I still think only 3 pair required for 5.1 connection and the total cost will be 1800/-

Clearly mentioned 2 X RCA male

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back