Help me choose a upgrade for my Home theater

vinayaga

I have a Onkyo based setup as of today, the Onkyo 595 receiver and Onkyo SKF-101 floor standing speakers and surrounds and a JBL center. The receiver does not play DTS-HD from Blueray media and I need to upgrade !

Im considering the Onkyo 577 reciever (30k) or the Yamaha V595 (34k) for the receiver. Yamaha is good and even does HDMI upscaling, but the service for Onkyo is way better than Yamaha in India.

For the speakers, even thought the Onkyo floor standing speakers are good, Im considering a upgrade. Zeroed in onto the Polk Monitor 50 (17k) or the Polk R50 (15k) for the front from global ebay. And Polk CS1 (8k) for the center from global Ebay. Speakers seem like a good option from global ebay because of the price and the fact that no current is involved, so no voltage converters.

Any thoughts ? Recommendations ? Critic on the selections ?

I have a Onkyo based setup as of today, the Onkyo 595 receiver and Onkyo SKF-101 floor standing speakers and surrounds and a JBL center. The receiver does not play DTS-HD from Blueray media and I need to upgrade !

Im considering the Onkyo 577 reciever (30k) or the Yamaha V595 (34k) for the receiver. Yamaha is good and even does HDMI upscaling, but the service for Onkyo is way better than Yamaha in India.

For the speakers, even thought the Onkyo floor standing speakers are good, Im considering a upgrade. Zeroed in onto the Polk Monitor 50 (17k) or the Polk R50 (15k) for the front from global ebay. And Polk CS1 (8k) for the center from global Ebay. Speakers seem like a good option from global ebay because of the price and the fact that no current is involved, so no voltage converters.

Any thoughts ? Recommendations ? Critic on the selections ?

Check for the shipping restrictions (not all vendors) before you finalise. The following item says ships only to US but it shows all the prices in INR including the shipping to India.
Global Easy Buy

If your main usage is HT, I suggest that you consider going for an Onkyo only, Yamaha AVR may not sound that warm as compared to an Onkyo. Denon 1910/1610 - you may want to audition them also.

I think you are looking at Yamaha 565 (not 595).

Polk stuff is available widely in India and you may not benefit much getting it thru gEbay. Do some homework before zeroing in onto gEbay.

If you mention your budget, music/movie preferences, room size etc., you will get lot more options from the gurus around here.

Sajith - please go thru the thread on gEbay and it will become clear to you.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back