Help me finalize fast...

b4u

I have make decision very soon between this two...my budget is max upto 40k

1] Harman Kardon AVR 134 - Harman Kardon HKS-9 (demo was superb)
2] ONKYO TX SR508 - ONKYO SKS-HT528 [as per feedback from the site] (not yet demoed)

Tx

READ MORE
HK amps are good but this amp LACKS modern codec decoding ( Dolby True HSand DTS-HD master Audio)
OLD STOCK THEY ARE PASING
ALso check all other options

ive heard the harman Avr's i think they are one of the closest AVR's to a stereo int amp
if you are not to worried about the vaious audio and video decoding options the Harmans a good
However they will probably be much more expensive as well
this is the reason why they are not so popular

READ MORE
HK amps are good but this amp LACKS modern codec decoding ( Dolby True HSand DTS-HD master Audio)
OLD STOCK THEY ARE PASING
ALso check all other options

I had taken demo of onkyo and HK, I think HK has the best decoding of dolby and DTS...u can feel the diff for sure...when u listen to movie/music it has perfect surround sound effect...

Still i need opinions....

I had taken demo of onkyo and HK, I think HK has the best decoding of dolby and DTS...u can feel the diff for sure...when u listen to movie/music it has perfect surround sound effect...

How did you arrive that the HK decodes HD audio?. Did you or the show room play any HD audio content?.

BTW the Dolby and DTS that you have mentioned are not the same as the DTS-MA and Dolby True HD that Hemant is talking about.

How did you arrive that the HK decodes HD audio?. Did you or the show room play any HD audio content?.

BTW the Dolby and DTS that you have mentioned are not the same as the DTS-MA and Dolby True HD that Hemant is talking about.

if am not wrong:

in showroom they played DTS demo DVD and also the DTS mode in the receiver...

2] ONKYO TX SR508 - ONKYO SKS-HT528 [as per feedback from the site] (not yet demoed)

Tx

Hai Mate,
I am giving U some more options. Plz take a look at the following links.....
1) Todoroki - Home Entertainment Systems
2) http://www.yamahamusicindia.com/products/products.aspx?CategoryId=6 &SubCategoryId=19

I think it will help U.

Tx
What's your usage?
If mostly music: Go for Marantz,NAD stereo amp , HK avrs should also be good for audio.
if mostly movies: Onkyo is a good option. SR508 has good sound as well. Don't buy onkyo speakers though. Try Q-acousitcs, polk, wharf etc. I have SR508 + a pair of Polk Tsi 200.

If you already feel a difference in the listening experience, then you have reached the end of your journey. Its a waste of effort to get more opinions unless you are looking for arguments to change your opinion by someone who might not have heard the equipment to start with.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back