Help me find a suitable deck/ recorder to buy pls

saur619

Hey guys, im new here. I am a producer who's trying to make music with a nostalgic/ vintage feel. Been interested in getting a cassette recorder/ deck for a while now. I have no clue where to look or what to look for. Looking for something which i can record my music in and back to my laptop. I saw a few on OLX which ill be posting links of. Please let me know where to start and guide me on this. Thanks.

I don't get this point. Do you want to record directly into a tape and transfer it afterwards to a computer?
Yeah i want something with an input and an output so i can record to a tape and then transfer it back to my computer

The said Deck on OLX seems costly. Try to find some more option.
is it ? I looked on amazon for some like these

these smaller ones are almost equally expensive or even more expensive. Plus their reviews are horrible. Maybe im looking in the wrong place, could you point me to the right direction ?

The old GXC series AKAI console decks were great in those times for classic recordings with Dolby NR. They were favorites for bootleggers and tape traders and they were commonly used for making live recordings at concerts (with mic or with leads from the mixing board). Some even used in recording sessions for the classic analog sound. Check out this link. You'll find one of these AKAI console decks, GXC39D feature here.

The old GXC series AKAI console decks were great in those times for classic recordings with Dolby NR. They were favorites for bootleggers and tape traders and they were commonly used for making live recordings at concerts (with mic or with leads from the mixing board). Some even used in recording sessions for the classic analog sound. Check out this link. You'll find one of these AKAI console decks, GXC39D feature here.
thats really great to hear. I think I got a deal on GXC 704D, im hoping I can close that.

Yeah i want something with an input and an output so i can record to a tape and then transfer it back to my computer
I don't get why you are trying the hard way. You can directly record to a computer and give the recording any flavour of sound you want during mastering.

I don't get why you are trying the hard way. You can directly record to a computer and give the recording any flavour of sound you want during mastering.
Trust me Ive tried every type of tape emulation plugin, nothing comes close the actual texture/ sound that a real tape machine/ deck gives.

thats really great to hear. I think I got a deal on GXC 704D, im hoping I can close that.
I have listened to Akai decks all my life, infact my dad had an entire collection of Green Sonys with dolby recordings made on a AKAI GXC39D. Great sounding decks and the GX head almost never wears, which means, you'd get two 'pucca' channels of music :)

Trust me Ive tried every type of tape emulation plugin, nothing comes close the actual texture/ sound that a real tape machine/ deck gives.
Not any emulation plugin, specific SQ can be achieved mainly by equalising it.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back