HELP ME i was Stupid

hi guys almost a year ago i did the biggest mistake of my life ......

i desperately wanted to have a good HT system so i went to sony world and i bought this doom stupid gadget

i bought a

Sony WEGA Trinitron KV-SZ29M80 CRT TV

Archived KV-SZ29M80 : 25 (64 cms) & above CRT TV : CRT TV : Sony India

DVD Home Theatre System - DAV-DZ120K

Archived DAV-DZ120K : DVD Home Theatre System : Home Theatre System : Sony Asia Pacific

now at the moment i want to convert this existing system to a HYBRID system ...... i want to connect a PC

My PC has a S-Video Out and a HDMI Out but my TV does not have S-Video In or HDMI in but my TV has RCA .......i was searching for some products i found S-Video to RCA

1.) I want to use the output from the PC Audio/Video and use the existing HT System and use the TV as monitor for the PC .......

is there any way i could connect an AMP to this system to sort My Problems ...... if so which is a good one for a start up cause i have a low budget :)

please help me

thanx
cRABEROS

Hi,perhaps I can ans your Q -

1.As your PC has 'S'vid out ,then get S vid to RCA cable or similar socket made by MX & connect PC to TV vid in.Configure properly & enjoy video on TV.
S-Video to 3 RCA

Svideo to RCA Composite Connection Cable RCA 2 SVIDEO OLD OLDER TV DVD-Best Computer Online Store Houston Buy Discount Prices Texas-Directron.com (you can get 4 pin S vid to RCA)

2.As I know ,your system doesnt have Dig in for audio,but stereo in may be present.If so then you can connect PC aud output (st) to aux in & if prologic is available ,5.1 output can be obtained.
If you want true 5.1,then soundcard 5.1 out> new 5.1 amp compatable with current spk> true surr

You can get cheap 5.1amp made by DNM-Mumbai.

Last edited:
My PC has a S-Video Out and a HDMI Out but my TV does not have S-Video In or HDMI in but my TV has RCA .......i was searching for some products i found S-Video to RCA

1.) I want to use the output from the PC Audio/Video and use the existing HT System and use the TV as monitor for the PC .......

is there any way i could connect an AMP to this system to sort My Problems ...... if so which is a good one for a start up cause i have a low budget

and my doubt regarding can i use the yammy 363 for s-video in from my PC can i use the TV as a PC monitor ....... and play movies/music from my PC.

Connect your pc by using a s-video to rca interconnect for the video input to the tv and connect the audio output from the pc by using the analogue audio output or by HDMi, this way your video output and audio output problem will solve and you can use yam-363 for connecting the video output from the pc, but only by the composite video. yam-363 has composite video, componenet video and HDMI.

Hi,perhaps I can ans your Q -

1.As your PC has 'S'vid out ,then get S vid to RCA cable or similar socket made by MX & connect PC to TV vid in.Configure properly & enjoy video on TV.
S-Video to 3 RCA

Svideo to RCA Composite Connection Cable RCA 2 SVIDEO OLD OLDER TV DVD-Best Computer Online Store Houston Buy Discount Prices Texas-Directron.com (you can get 4 pin S vid to RCA)

2.As I know ,your system doesnt have Dig in for audio,but stereo in may be present.If so then you can connect PC aud output (st) to aux in & if prologic is available ,5.1 output can be obtained.
If you want true 5.1,then soundcard 5.1 out> new 5.1 amp compatable with current spk> true surr

You can get cheap 5.1amp made by DNM-Mumbai.

dude this is kinda wat i wanted i knew about the S-Video to RCA Cabel but i wanted to know if it could work .... now that you have confirmed i know it solves my video problem

but the question remains is the audio part ....

here i am a little confused

my sony dvd system plays the tv audio as well as the dvd player audio there is a button called tv/vcr if i connect my pc audio to this port and disconnect tv audio..... will it work my pc audio output is stereo jack all i have to do is convert that to aux for which cable is available i dont need the tv to audio on the system its fine by me :)

no amp no nothing just simple few cables and these cabels are avaliable on rediff.com

can i use this :-----

http://shopping.rediff.com/product/...connect-your-laptop-pc--portable-vcd/10301460

http://shopping.rediff.com/shop/pro...3&source=browse&frompg=Cables and Connections

http://shopping.rediff.com/product/...selector-hub-plus-free-surprise-gift/10203429

http://auctions.rediff.com/item.php...o-Video)-to-3-RCA-Cable-1.5M-4Pin&id=27716723

for my purpose .............

Last edited:
This is the solution for the new setup:-

Connect your pc by using a s-video to rca interconnect for the video input to the tv directly, this way your video output problem will be solved. And connect the audio output from the pc by using the analogue audio output or by HDMI cable(since you have mentioned that your pc has HDMI output), the audio from the pc will heared from the YAMAHA AVR, by this your audio output problem will be solved.

This is the solution for the existing setup:-

From the picture of your sony sytems back panel, it has tv/vcr audio input. you can use either any one only at the time, you cannot able connect these two tv/vcr inputs to sony sytem at a time to switch it over. For this you can use a audio/video switcher, some comes with manual switching and some comes with remote switching. And Connect your pc directly by using a s-video to rca interconnect for the video input,this way your video output to the tv problem will be solved.
connect the audio output from the pc and tv directly to the input of audio/video switcher and then connect the audio/video switcher output to the sony sytems tv/vcr audio input shown in the picture by using a decent 2rca to 2rca stereo analogue interconnects, this way your audio output problem from both the pc and tv will be solved. You can hear the audio of both pc and tv from your sony system itself. i think now your problem has been clarified.

Last edited:
This is the solution for the new setup:-

Connect your pc by using a s-video to rca interconnect for the video input to the tv directly, this way your video output problem will be solved. And connect the audio output from the pc by using the analogue audio output or by HDMI cable(since you have mentioned that your pc has HDMI output), the audio from the pc will heared from the YAMAHA AVR, by this your audio output problem will be solved.

This is the solution for the existing setup:-

From the picture of your sony sytems back panel, it has tv/vcr audio input. you can use either any one only at the time, you cannot able connect these two tv/vcr inputs to sony sytem at a time to switch it over. For this you can use a audio/video switcher, some comes with manual switching and some comes with remote switching. And Connect your pc directly by using a s-video to rca interconnect for the video input,this way your video output to the tv problem will be solved.
connect the audio output from the pc and tv directly to the input of audio/video switcher and then connect the audio/video switcher output to the sony sytems tv/vcr audio input shown in the picture by using a decent 2rca to 2rca stereo analogue interconnects, this way your audio output problem from both the pc and tv will be solved. You can hear the audio of both pc and tv from your sony system itself. i think now your problem has been clarified.

thanx bro let me try it out and get back to you ..... thanks a lot for the advice .....:)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back