Help me in Choosing Home Theater System

Now for some reference grade movies like the forum favorite Black Hawk Down as well as Skyfall, Elysium, Star Trek (both the new movies), Watchmen, Tron Legacy, Edge of Tomorrow, and of course the big one Avatar.

Do you have any specific site to download these movies in 5.1...?

Buy original DVD's/Blu-ray dude. You'll always get 5.1. But if you do have the download bug, I suggest you use torrents and read the description of the torrent before downloading. It should say 6 channels for audio. Sites like thepiratebay.se or kat.ph generally have a detailed description of the torrents.

Hi All,

:yahoo: Finally i got my first Home Theater, and its Onkyo S5700. Fits my hall perfectly, njoying its sound. I am fully satiafied for what i have. Currently learning its features. Able to play Music from my PC to the receiver from network.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:I THANK EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME IN CHOOSING MY HT :clapping::clapping::clapping:.

SPECIAL THANKS TO musicbee AND PGY for there immediate responce.
Congrats for your purchase!
I hope you are enjoying it.

I'd like to know that how are you playing content from your pc via network.

My onkyo doesn't seem to find any server wirelessly from my pc.
I can steam wirelessly from pc via ps3.

Lots of options, but most are for streaming.

Amazon Prime lets you download Prime movies, no such option in Netflix, but there are apps that let you download for offline viewing, and you can redeem digital copies of movies (DVDs and Blu-rays) that you own.

UltraViolet is another service, along with Hulu and Vudu. However, most of their content is downscaled as 50GB movies are not easily streamable or even downloadable.

A better option is to join a local Blu-ray library or simply buy and build your own collection as nothing like downloading or streaming movies will give you the real experience of HD audio and video. A Blu-ray movie of around 30-50GB will always have a better experience than a downloaded or streamed movie of 3-5GB... too much compression in the online content.

So the best option is to join a Blu-ray library and buy the ones you like and want for repeated viewing.

Hi All,

:yahoo: Finally i got my first Home Theater, and its Onkyo S5700. Fits my hall perfectly, njoying its sound. I am fully satiafied for what i have. Currently learning its features. Able to play Music from my PC to the receiver from network.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:I THANK EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME IN CHOOSING MY HT :clapping::clapping::clapping:.

SPECIAL THANKS TO musicbee AND PGY for there immediate responce.
You chose wisely. I'll repeat - for the price, i do not think there is any other system that can beat the Onkyo 5700 at the moment. Those are large speakers - internet pictures do not do justice and it hits really hard. You just compare the center speaker of 5700 with other HTIBs in that range - all are puny compared to 5700's. Have a nice time and as folks here point out do get blu-rays - they'll bring the best out of your system.

Congrats on the purchase. Good that you went ahead without getting much confused. If you are happy that is more than sufficient. BTW what did you do about placement? Plays a very important role. Would appreciate some pics once setup is done. Go in for a bluray player too later. Enjoy your setup.

Lots of options, but most are for streaming.

So the best option is to join a Blu-ray library and buy the ones you like and want for repeated viewing.

Do you have any idea abt Blu-ray libarary near by film nagar, Gachibowli, Panjagutta...

Do you have any idea abt Blu-ray libarary near by film nagar, Gachibowli, Panjagutta...

Check Fribzi Video, Sudharshan Estate, Road No 1, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad - 500034, Near Midway Bakery, Opposite To Vengal Rao Park.

Have not been there in a long time, but they had a good collection.

Also, check these threads.

http://www.hifivision.com/movies/22165-bluray-rentals-hyderabad.html
http://www.hifivision.com/movies/4038-blu-ray-hd-video-discs-rental-hyderabad.html

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back