Help me in Selecting the right Subwoofer

jacz

I m planning to buy a new subwoofer for me. Just want to know whether i should go for a front firing one or a down firing one. Dealers say down firing is simulated bass and wont be goo. But i dont want to go by that. I had just shortlisted two Wharfedale SW 150 (front firing) and Wharfedale Power Cube PC12 (down firing). I m not having a dedicated room for my HT so planning to use my living room as of now. Pls go help me in finalizing the sub. I m even open for any other brands. My budget is in a vicinity of 20k

I m planning to buy a new subwoofer for me. Just want to know whether i should go for a front firing one or a down firing one. Dealers say down firing is simulated bass and wont be goo. But i dont want to go by that. I had just shortlisted two Wharfedale SW 150 (front firing) and Wharfedale Power Cube PC12 (down firing). I m not having a dedicated room for my HT so planning to use my living room as of now. Pls go help me in finalizing the sub. I m even open for any other brands. My budget is in a vicinity of 20k

SW-150 is indeed a cute and sweet sub.

What is your current setup and room size?
Are you looking for the sub for music or movies?
The sub selection will depend on all these factors.

Its 60% music and 40% movies. My room size is 10x10 and is not dedicated for HT

With a room size of 10x10 you do not need a sub unless you are stuck with some puny bookshelf speakers which does not extend below 60hz. The sub will just boom and over power your room:D

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back