Help me out for my first HT System

sabfaltu

Hi All,

Before joining this forum I did not know what is AVR, Amplifier, different components of a HT system and for what purpose it is used. So you can guess my knowledge and level :). I read a lot here and now I know many things obviously not as much as you experts do :). So let me first, convey my thanks to you guys for helping out me and others.

I am planning to purchase HT system (Obviously my first HT) and I would like it to be perfect for me :). My budget is 55k Max (Excluding LCD TV). I am definitely not an audiophile. So please help me on whether I am going in right direction.

I have shortlisted below components:
1. AVR - Denon 1509 / Onkyo 506 (Rs. 22k/22k)
2. Jamo s606 speaker set (Rs. 39k)
3. Jamo 200 Sub (Rs. 13k)
4. LG 32LG80FR Jazz LCD TV (HDMI DVD free + 50 DVDs free) (Rs. 41k)

My main purpose will be listening to music (60%) (Mostly mp3, Bollywood songs) and watching DVD movies (40%).

I listened to Jamo S406 (5.1) and Jamo S606 (5.1). I felt Jamo 606 is way better then 406. I have also auditioned HTiB like Onkyo ht-s5105 5.1, ht-s3100 5.1 and ht-s5100 7.1(Rs. 43k). Out of them ht-s5100 was good for me but I wanted to have floor standing speakers so I planned to go for Jamo 606.
Reliance Digital has interesting scheme, if you purchase any LCD TV size >= 32" then you will get flat 25% off on HT package so above HT component will cost me around 55.5k.

I have below queries:
1. Should I go for Onkyo HTiB (ht-s5100 7.1) which is very much affordable or I should stick to the above configuration? (I know it will be a stupid question but still I wanted to know your opinion.)
2. I am ok with 5.1 channel output. So which AVR should be good between (Denon 1509 & Onkyo 506)? I can sacrifices features over sound quality.
3. I didn't get review on net for Jamo sub 200. Does anyone of you have idea about it?

Please revert back as I can't wait anymore for my first HT ;)

Thanks in Advance,
Regards,
SabFaltu

If you mostly listen to mp3 and watch DVD movies, then go for an Onkyo HTiB (comes with a AVR) or a Philips. And use the savings on a TV like Moser suggests.

Hi All,

Before joining this forum I did not know what is AVR, Amplifier, different components of a HT system and for what purpose it is used. So you can guess my knowledge and level :). I read a lot here and now I know many things obviously not as much as you experts do :). So let me first, convey my thanks to you guys for helping out me and others.

I am planning to purchase HT system (Obviously my first HT) and I would like it to be perfect for me :). My budget is 55k Max (Excluding LCD TV). I am definitely not an audiophile. So please help me on whether I am going in right direction.

I have shortlisted below components:
1. AVR - Denon 1509 / Onkyo 506 (Rs. 22k/22k)
2. Jamo s606 speaker set (Rs. 39k)
3. Jamo 200 Sub (Rs. 13k)
4. LG 32LG80FR Jazz LCD TV (HDMI DVD free + 50 DVDs free) (Rs. 41k)

My main purpose will be listening to music (60%) (Mostly mp3, Bollywood songs) and watching DVD movies (40%).

I listened to Jamo S406 (5.1) and Jamo S606 (5.1). I felt Jamo 606 is way better then 406. I have also auditioned HTiB like Onkyo ht-s5105 5.1, ht-s3100 5.1 and ht-s5100 7.1(Rs. 43k). Out of them ht-s5100 was good for me but I wanted to have floor standing speakers so I planned to go for Jamo 606.
Reliance Digital has interesting scheme, if you purchase any LCD TV size >= 32" then you will get flat 25% off on HT package so above HT component will cost me around 55.5k.

I have below queries:
1. Should I go for Onkyo HTiB (ht-s5100 7.1) which is very much affordable or I should stick to the above configuration? (I know it will be a stupid question but still I wanted to know your opinion.)
2. I am ok with 5.1 channel output. So which AVR should be good between (Denon 1509 & Onkyo 506)? I can sacrifices features over sound quality.
3. I didn't get review on net for Jamo sub 200. Does anyone of you have idea about it?

Thanks in Advance,
Regards,
SabFaltu

Hi All,

I have below queries:

I thing go for 1st combo as Jamo will do justice to listen music.
Denon is good choice for both mov & music.

Htbi works good for mov & onkyo spks are not recognised for good music performance.

A separate system alway does better & you have so many options too.

Moser - For me PQ is main concern. Panny LE8 32" is also available for 29k. LG Jazz is Full HD may be bcoz of that. I have seen Samsung series 5 32" Full HD LCD which also lies in the same price range. I shortlisted LG bcoz I liked the PQ + they are giving HD DVD player free. Otherwise I need to spend extra thousands on DVD player. I havent seen PV8 so cannot comment on that but Ill definitely give a try to PV8.

Marsilians - I was about to ask whether Onkyo HTiB sounds better then Jamo for music but spirovious has already given his thoughts.

Moser - For me PQ is main concern. Panny LE8 32" is also available for 29k. LG Jazz is Full HD may be bcoz of that. I have seen Samsung series 5 32" Full HD LCD which also lies in the same price range. I shortlisted LG bcoz I liked the PQ + they are giving HD DVD player free. Otherwise I need to spend extra thousands on DVD player. I havent seen PV8 so cannot comment on that but Ill definitely give a try to PV8.

Marsilians - I was about to ask whether Onkyo HTiB sounds better then Jamo for music but spirovious has already given his thoughts.

In terms of PQ Panasonic is unbeatable, well almost (Sharp, Toshipa, Pioneer do have their noses ahead in some models). Full HD 32" or HD Ready 42" is a choice you have to make. Most members on this forum have gone the HD Ready 42" route with the PV8 since its a great TV. You can check out plasma models from Samsung too. I have purchased a Panasonic 32" LCD too, the LE8 in fact, and only thing is it was not Full HD, but even here I found the Panasonic better in terms of PQ. A new DVDP will hardly cost 3K so don't let that sway your decision towards a TV. Put TVs side by side and compare, the PQ will really tell the story.

http://www.hifivision.com/television/2423-32-lcd-comparison.html

PV8 is out of my budget. I can consider 32" PE8 which comes in 29K. But again I need go for audition. thanks for the help.

PV8 is out of my budget. I can consider 32" PE8 which comes in 29K. But again I need go for audition. thanks for the help.

The PV8 is/was available for 45K. Others on the forum should help you find a good deal for it. Makes much more sense since you were going to invest 41K on a 32" LCD.

@45k PV8 is good. My dealer is quoting 49K. Anyway I am in Hyderabad, could anyone help me for good deal? Thanks

Check with local J.D. Electronics. Mention that you are from Hifivision forum. Call JustDial or Google for phone number or walk in if nearby.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back