Help me pick a TV. Budget: 1.0L

theEnd

Hi,

I need to buy a new television for my living room. Usage will be 50% Tata Sky+, 50% DVDs and BluRays. The viewing distance is about 12 feet and the room can be made quite dark. The screen must be Full-HD. Budget is slightly flexible. Ideally, the screen should be between 40" and 46".

Options I had considered include the upcoming Panasonic G10 plasma (but dont know prices and sizes that will be sold here), the Samsung LED LCD (the 40" B6000 is available for 1.12L), the Sony V550 (46"), Sony W series (40" or 46" depending on price and year) and the Samsung Series 5 and 6 (again 40" or 46" depending on price and model).

Your advice please...

Thanks in advance.

well the samsung 40inch B650 should be a good choice,comparable tv is the yet to be launched sony 40inch and upwards w550a models.
if u don't mind buying in the grey u can also go for the sony Z series or new samsung B750 mrp is the same as the B6000 led lcd.

Samsung LED should be the best bet.

well the samsung LED tvs are nothing more then normal lcds tvs like B650 with that extra thin bessels and with added benefit of lesser powerconsumption.
the coventional B750 would perform better then the LED B6000,the B750 has the 200hz feature so more motion resolution.

well the samsung LED tvs are nothing more then normal lcds tvs like B650 with that extra thin bessels and with added benefit of lesser powerconsumption.
the coventional B750 would perform better then the LED B6000,the B750 has the 200hz feature so more motion resolution.

btw i think the cheapest 40" samsung led is 1,25,000.

Well I've not seen the other models mentioned here and I'm no Samsung fan, yet I'm recommending it since I had an audition last week and in terms of PQ, brightness, contrast, etc. it is way beyond anything else from Samsung. Also, the looks are nearly killer with the TV being so thin. Only saw a Hitachi LCD that was thinner till date.

Hi,

Try Philips 42PES001 in Philips arena. Not sure if it is released yet. The reviews were too good.

Thanks,
Prakash.

Well I've not seen the other models mentioned here and I'm no Samsung fan, yet I'm recommending it since I had an audition last week and in terms of PQ, brightness, contrast, etc. it is way beyond anything else from Samsung. Also, the looks are nearly killer with the TV being so thin. Only saw a Hitachi LCD that was thinner till date.

well the B650 and B750 are spanking new models ,they have been available for about a month in the grey market.will be availble commenly in showrooms in a months time.

well the B650 and B750 are spanking new models ,they have been available for about a month in the grey market.will be availble commenly in showrooms in a months time.

Any idea how much they would cost? Might be tempted to go for one myself...

Thanks for your suggestions. I will check out the B650 and B750 as soon as they are in stores.

The Samsung B6000 40" LED (edge LED backlit LCD) TV was available for Rs. 1,12,000/- in Vijay Sales on the day after it was launched. The list price (as advertised) for the same was Rs. 1,25,000/-. For the B6000 46" the discounted price was Rs. 1,33,000 as against the list price of Rs. 1,50,000.

Would I be able to get any good full-HD 46" screens around the same price-point of Rs. 1.0L?

Am not sure if this is the same model you are talking about.
Samsung LE37B650 TV review - from the experts at whathifi.com

It has got only 4 stars.

well the 37inch version is different from the 40inch versions ,the 37inch either has a AMVA or SMVA panel,if its the AMVA then its good ,but if its the SMVA then its bad.
i always take Hi-fi reviews with a pinch of salt.even if u see the drawbacks written in the review about sound which is no suprise about the freeview tuner,the indian versions don't even have one.

Hi,

I need to buy a new television for my living room. Usage will be 50% Tata Sky+, 50% DVDs and BluRays. The viewing distance is about 12 feet and the room can be made quite dark. The screen must be Full-HD. Budget is slightly flexible. Ideally, the screen should be between 40" and 46".

Options I had considered include the upcoming Panasonic G10 plasma (but dont know prices and sizes that will be sold here), the Samsung LED LCD (the 40" B6000 is available for 1.12L), the Sony V550 (46"), Sony W series (40" or 46" depending on price and year) and the Samsung Series 5 and 6 (again 40" or 46" depending on price and model).

Your advice please...

Thanks in advance.

If you have that kind of budget

1) For tata sky - buy HD ready LCD -plasma as on full HD sometims images are not so good ( Appx 50-55 K)
2) For Moves - a dedicated projector and screen -in fact to maintain nthe budget you can check 37 Inch LCD and Projector:cool::cool:

Thanks for the innovative suggestion hemant, but I dont have enough space for two screens. Ideally, I would like a single 46" full-HD screen that has decent upscaling for standard definition content.

I'm leaning towards the Samsung B650 now, as well as the new Sonys with Bravia Engine 3. Any ideas about pricing for these (46" size)?

what about the 50" B550 plasma? samsung makes excellent plasmas and this is a Full HD 50" TV for 1,00,000 MRP (which means on the ground price will be less), sounds like an unbeatable deal to me.

Thanks for the innovative suggestion hemant, but I dont have enough space for two screens. Ideally, I would like a single 46" full-HD screen that has decent upscaling for standard definition content.

I'm leaning towards the Samsung B650 now, as well as the new Sonys with Bravia Engine 3. Any ideas about pricing for these (46" size)?

what hi fi is a pretty poor source for reviews, simply because their reviews are unscientific and there is very little granularity in their analysis. They docked a star for sound quality and the freeview tuner, which seems a bit excessive, at least if they had break-up of ratings for image quality etc., then the review would be worth considering. I only consider the reviews in terms of what they say (and that way it at least has the significance of someone's subjective opinion), and I don't look at the star rating. For god's sake they gave the Oppo 983 3 stars!!!

well the 37inch version is different from the 40inch versions ,the 37inch either has a AMVA or SMVA panel,if its the AMVA then its good ,but if its the SMVA then its bad.
i always take Hi-fi reviews with a pinch of salt.even if u see the drawbacks written in the review about sound which is no suprise about the freeview tuner,the indian versions don't even have one.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back