Help me put my speakers together.

Akshit2111

Hi guys
I am running into some problems while setting up my home theater system.
In the attached pic the left side bigger column below the drawers i have kept for subwoofer. Unfortunately i have no other space left in my room for keeping my sub.
So i had asked my carpenter to make it so heavy that does not vibrate at all.
The cabinet is built quite heavy. What other things should i keep in mind while placing the sub there.
2)the right side column are left open and since they had subwoofer on the column right next to i guess there was no other option. Aesthetically i am not too pleased with the cabinet looks. I feel there should be glass covering the gadgets area. Can i go for glass here considering all the speakers?.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201102-094853_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201102-094853_Gallery.jpg
    626.3 KB · Views: 52
Hi guys
In the attached pic the left side bigger column below the drawers i have kept for subwoofer. Unfortunately i have no other space left in my room for keeping my sub.
The cabinet is built quite heavy. What other things should i keep in mind while placing the sub there.
2)the right side column are left open and since they had subwoofer on the column right next to i guess there was no other option. Aesthetically i am not too pleased with the cabinet looks. I feel there should be glass covering the gadgets area. Can i go for glass here considering all the speakers?.
Mine is a xtz 12.17 and placed close to the cabinet which also has glass at fronts.

Attachments

• EA46323E-27D6-4A4D-8EA8-D1D314CC346A.jpeg
    EA46323E-27D6-4A4D-8EA8-D1D314CC346A.jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 24
But mine is like inside the cabinet. Jad my sub been outside i would not have worried so much.
It is better to not keep the sub inside. But if that is your only option try to leave the front open for the sub compartment alone. Also I have seen people using acoustic sheets in the front of the cabinet when they have LCR and sub placed inside a cabinet

It is better to not keep the sub inside. But if that is your only option try to leave the front open for the sub compartment alone. Also I have seen people using acoustic sheets in the front of the cabinet when they have LCR and sub placed inside a cabinet
Can you share the pics and also about that subwoofer matt. Please if you could share the amazon link.
Thanks in advance.

Can you share the pics and also about that subwoofer matt. Please if you could share the amazon link.
Thanks in advance.
Sorry I have no idea where to get them or I have any links that can help u. I have seen in international Audi forums and videos on YouTube.

Hi guys

In a constrained space the subwoofer might cause more unwarranted vibrations to the entire table (had a similar setup in the past where the sub was on the ground but had a table across the three sides) , as suggested see if you can get it removed as you still have not moved in.

Adding a glass is not recommended as there would be a lot of heat generated by the AVR and adding a glass will cause airflow issues. Also any reason you have the table built with a left alignment, a center alignment would have been ideal from speaker placement perspective (bookshelves/floorstanders)

Sorry I have no idea where to get them or I have any links that can help u. I have seen in international Audi forums and videos on YouTube.
I was asking about the matt under ur subwoofer. I guess this was some gym tile i could recall from a different thread.

In a constrained space the subwoofer might cause more unwarranted vibrations to the entire table (had a similar setup in the past where the sub was on the ground but had a table across the three sides) , as suggested see if you can get it removed as you still have not moved in.

Adding a glass is not recommended as there would be a lot of heat generated by the AVR and adding a glass will cause airflow issues. Also any reason you have the table built with a left alignment, a center alignment would have been ideal from speaker placement perspective (bookshelves/floorstanders)
No reason as such. I have to work with whats left after my family's priorities and wishes have been satisfied :p
My sub is front ported and the enclosre in which it is supposed to be kept is build quite sturdily i guess thats the only silver lining.. the only place i have left is alongside bed instead of my side table and then also how would i take the sub wire from avr. The wire shud be concealed was the first rule !

Back