Help me to buy a best AV receiver

Dileepboyi

Hi

I am from Bangalore.Want to buy a AV receiver with 2 Towers.

I am interested in 75% Music and 25% Movies.The reason for going for towers my leaving room dimensions are not good to setup either 5.1 or 7.1 and also budget constraints.

Will start using with two Towers later add SUB and Surrounds after changing the existing house.

There are many AV models in market Onkyo , Denon , Maraantz, Harman Kardon Yamaha & Cambridge etc.

Friends are suggesting to go for 2 channel amp in Cambridge with avant 908i towers but not interested because at the end I need a Good Home Theater.

Kindly suggest me Good and best Speakers which give value for money.

Dileep Kumar Boyireddy

Yamaha RXV-663 is a good start. You can go with 2 FS for starters. Will keep the music/movies combo fine till you can add more speakers later on. It's listed at 52K on the Yamaha India website, but should be available for less. Picked one up for around 42K but that was 4-5 weeks ago. Not sure of current prices though.

Details and specs are at Product Details | YAMAHA Music India Pvt. Ltd..

when are you planning to move? If it is in next couple of months, then go for avr. But if it is an year or so, go for 2 channel. 2 channel can then later be integrated with a new AVR with pre-outs to power your fronts, while preserving the true hi-fi experience of your 75% of music listening.
AVRs get outdated pretty fast, if you run after the latest, but 2 channel market is pretty stabilized, so you would have less of buyer's remorse of buying too early and not waiting for the latest technology.

oh you got a new AVR! congrats!!! What speakers are you pairing it with?

regards

Yamaha RXV-663 is a good start. You can go with 2 FS for starters. Will keep the music/movies combo fine till you can add more speakers later on. It's listed at 52K on the Yamaha India website, but should be available for less. Picked one up for around 42K but that was 4-5 weeks ago. Not sure of current prices though.

Details and specs are at Product Details | YAMAHA Music India Pvt. Ltd..

oh you got a new AVR! congrats!!! What speakers are you pairing it with?

regards

Got it for a friend actually. Paired with Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1, strictly a HT setup. For music I'm more inclined with a good PC and powered speakers. Have setup the Yamaha RXV-663 with Wharfedale's for another friend and they are pretty decent to good depending on how much of an audiophile you are for stereo music.

Hi

Thanks for suggestions.

which is best among below receivers

Maraantz - 5002/5003
Denon - 1909
Onkyo - 705/606

and suggest me suitable best performance speakers for my music & Movies.

Boyireddy

You would really need to audition for what works for you. Onkyo cuts it for me along with Yamaha and I would always rate them the best for AVRs at least. The Yamaha model I've suggested and it's bigger brother the 863 are very good for both movies and music. Otherwise you will find AVRs are better for movies and stereo amps good with music.

Got it for a friend actually. Paired with Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1, strictly a HT setup. For music I'm more inclined with a good PC and powered speakers. Have setup the Yamaha RXV-663 with Wharfedale's for another friend and they are pretty decent to good depending on how much of an audiophile you are for stereo music.

Hi moserw,

Can you post detail review of Yam with Q1010 & wharf ?mov & music?
When I listened with Tany F4,it sounded bright.may be bcos new piece.

Hi

I am from Bangalore.Want to buy a AV receiver with 2 Towers.

I am interested in 75% Music and 25% Movies.The reason for going for towers my leaving room dimensions are not good to setup either 5.1 or 7.1 and also budget constraints.

Will start using with two Towers later add SUB and Surrounds after changing the existing house.

There are many AV models in market Onkyo , Denon , Maraantz, Harman Kardon Yamaha & Cambridge etc.

Friends are suggesting to go for 2 channel amp in Cambridge with avant 908i towers but not interested because at the end I need a Good Home Theater.

Kindly suggest me Good and best Speakers which give value for money.

Dileep Kumar Boyireddy

Well list of AVR which are better for music too is-
Denon
Marantz
Yamaha
CA
Arcam(little costly)
Sony ES series

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back