Help me with a good stereo set up for vinyl

Yeah, I think the distance is less than 10 ft it may be closer to 7ft, I need to measure to be sure. I plan to pick these up based on everyones recommendations. The other option was the Wharf 10.4, which sounded nice to my ears. If people say this sounds much better, then I am sure I will be happy.

Honestly after auditioning a variety of vintage amps, what I have felt is that although they are really powerful and punchy and have the warmth in their sound, but the bass is not well defined. It feels that the bass is rounded. So if you have gone for such spectacular speakers, you should consider Yamaha A-S500 or maybe Marantz 6003/4. I personally found these 2 defining the sound very well. And yeah if your budget allows more, then sky is the limit.

Also, what would be a good choice for amp for these speakers? Recommendations would be great!

OR

Should I stick with my current amp? Will I blow up the speakers or the amp if I combine the two? :p

SANSUI AU-222

dude, both your current amp and your new speakers will be fine... nothing will blow!

just hand in there to get a good deal... if you can strech your budget, go for Coaltrain's primare i30... it is a super amp for the money! he is giving a real good deal, and you wont have to change it for many many many many many years to come!

, and you wont have to change it for many many many many many years to come!

:lol::lol::lol:
Do give him some room to perform the mandatory audio wriggle/dance, a.k.a., upgrade.

@tek: since you have committed to the Dynaudios, once you receive them, take it to the friend in Colaba and hear them on his Marantz amp (PM 5004, iirc). He's got two sources - a Technics SL 1300 (with a slightly dodgy cartridge:)) and a Marantz CDP (CD6003, iirc). And I can assure you will get a choice collection of titles on both formats. You can also take your favourite titles for an audition.

Thanks guys, yeah I think the Marantz may be a good option, but will see how things go with my current amp first. It's only like 18 W per channel or something, so it's quite low powered. I guess these speakers require 50-100 W per channel? Just wanted to check to make sure I wouldn't blow up anything :p @jls001 - I will def take these to your friends place to check out the Marantz. Good idea. I guess now the main thing to hunt for are speaker stands! The Samson ones on Bajaao are the cheapest so might go for that.. don't want to spend big bucks on a stand right now. Something under 5k would be ideal.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back