Help!!! Need help on Sub Woofer Selection. :sos:

Kamikazi

Hello Everyone,

I'm just a day old on HifiVision. Need your help :sos:. However I have been following this Forum a lot. I'm an amateur at this.

After a lot of thought and research I have finally decided to put together my first HiFi Audio System. :yahoo:

Dali Zensor 7 - Floor Standers
Marantz 5010 - AVR
Center : Dali Zensor Vocal
Sub Woofer - ??!?!?
Surround Speakers : ??!?!?
Rear Surround : ??!?!?
Atmos : ??!?!?

I need all the help from this forum to decide on a sub woofer. My budget is around 25 - 30K. Need suggestions on other things mentioned as well but the Sub is my first priority. There are very few options available here in Hyderabad.

And also I have to consider the warranty, as per the policy they will not service any equipment that is purchased outside the country.(Personally I don't think would service something that I have bought from another dealer).

Looking forward for your suggestions.

Thank you

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

In terms of sub, I have got a group deal arranged for Taga subs..

SW 10 and TSW200. Please PM me for further details...

Hello Everyone,

I'm just a day old on HifiVision. Need your help :sos:. However I have been following this Forum a lot. I'm an amateur at this.

After a lot of thought and research I have finally decided to put together my first HiFi Audio System. :yahoo:

Dali Zensor 7 - Floor Standers

Marantz 5010 - AVR

Center : Dali Zensor Vocal

Sub Woofer - ??!?!?

Surround Speakers : ??!?!?

Rear Surround : ??!?!?

Atmos : ??!?!?

I need all the help from this forum to decide on a sub woofer. My budget is around 25 - 30K. Need suggestions on other things mentioned as well but the Sub is my first priority. There are very few options available here in Hyderabad.

And also I have to consider the warranty, as per the policy they will not service any equipment that is purchased outside the country.(Personally I don't think would service something that I have bought from another dealer).

Looking forward for your suggestions.

Thank you

Don't compromise on Sub, stretch your Budget and go for SVS/Rythmic. Keep in expansion path, 2 is better than one. Also the Centre channel, Ho for highest in the range. Except sub all other channels should be same brand and series for best timber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the inputs narendran. The guy has offered me to put Dali Sub E 12 for 54K. Is that good enough. Also I'm on a budget so for now I can buy just the one Sub.

And for the Center he asked me to go with LCR that is Dali Vokal.

Please suggest.

the size of sub depends on your room size whether a 10" or 12" is required. If your usage is mostly for movies a ported sub would be better. There are good brands like svs, sunfire, focal etc. listening is the key for you to decide

Thank you for the inputs narendran. The guy has offered me to put Dali Sub E 12 for 54K. Is that good enough. Also I'm on a budget so for now I can buy just the one Sub.

And for the Center he asked me to go with LCR that is Dali Vokal.

Please suggest.

e12 f is very good sub which will match very well (the price should be around 50 to 51k). You can also check SVS ,Velodyne impact 12 subs.

I have consulted an av guy I'm buying my stuff from. He says that there would be a warranty problem if I buy from some place else. But he only has elac and dali subs. What do you all have to suggest???

I have consulted the av guy that I'm buying the stuff from. He only has elac jamo and dali subs. He says he does not deal with svs or rythmik subs. If I bought it from some place else warranty would be a problem. N if I buy it online sending back and forth to the seller the shipping charges the hassle mostly would be too much. What do you all suggest???

Hi

If the subs which are available sound good for movies and music to your expectations, then go ahead....

You can read other reviews on other brand subs in the various threads available on HFV or see some youtube videos to get an idea...

I'm planning to go for Marantz 5011 I have checked the SVS and Velodyne as per the advice but people are telling me that the Marantz 5011 will bot be able to drive the SVS and Velodynes. Can anyone please suggest on this please????????

I'm planning to go for Marantz 5011 I have checked the SVS and Velodyne as per the advice but people are telling me that the Marantz 5011 will bot be able to drive the SVS and Velodynes. Can anyone please suggest on this please????????

There is nothing like driving a sub. You can connect SVS/Velodyne to 5011.
Any active sub will have its own power amp built in.
Marantz will give the LFE/Sub output to the SVS/Velodyne.

That is not true, as sunilkm advised, SVS/Velodyne are all active subs and will have inbuilt amp which will not be dependet on the AVR except for the signals.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back