Help needed for putting together music system

pankaj007

Hi All
Hi I am a new member of this group.
I want to assemble my music system. I have got two excellent book shelf speakers (from my old videocon double cassette deck and LP player). I want to use the two speakers. What I want now is a cassette player - a good one - and a good graphic equaliser. can any one please suggest me how to procure a reasonably price casstte deck and a 10 band graphic euqliaser. Also will my speaker be compatible with any deck/equaliser?

- Pankaj

Hi Pankaj

Are you from 1980 or did you just step off a time machine? :)

Just kidding. Any reason you don't want a cd player?

Cheers

You must be having a lot of tapes??? You could try converting them to Audio CD or .wav format to begin with. Its time consuming but worth the effort especially if you are having a large tape collection that you don't want to part with.

You must be having a lot of tapes??? You could try converting them to Audio CD or .wav format to begin with. Its time consuming but worth the effort especially if you are having a large tape collection that you don't want to part with.

Thought as much. I have an old tape collection too that I better convert now.

Any tips on removing tape hiss? Back to the topic - what hi-fideility tape player do you recommend to do the transfer? Is it necessary to pass thru my amp if its a standalone tape player or shall I just plug it into the line-in of my sound card?

TIA

Regards

Hi moserw

please suggest a good place for proper conversion in Hyderabad.I have large collection of tapes.

sameer

Hello Gobble and Moserw,
No I am not from the 80s. In fact I have a HUGE collection of audio tapes. I have maintained them all in excellent condition. Some of these are very rare too. But I need to play them and keep using. It gives you an aura that none of you can understand. The magic of the cobalt tapes!! I do know how to convert tapes into CDs. I use them on my I-Pod. Any case, thanks for the conversation.
- Pankaj

Thanks Cranky, you just killed my surge of enthusiasm and saved me time. :D Dunno where I will get a nakamichi.

Will leave it for later in life when I have absolutely nothing to do on my hands :)

Thanks anyways

PS: Any tape CD conversion pro in Pune or Bangalore I can outsource this to?

Cheers

a nakamichi 581 has a lot of the stuff u need.

however, i prefer (and like) an eq from norge, for times when i use an eq.

one of the best displays i have seen, tho' may not appeal to all tastes.

interestingly, when i bought this way back, the sales man actually used the display as a -ve, saying it would be the first thing that'd blow!!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back