Help needed in connecting two speakers to single av speaker port

Viren007

Hi, can anyone help me i want to connect two center speakers to my denon 7.1 AVR center speaker single output, but i am confused should i connect it parallel or in series, following are my equipment details.

Denon AVR 1707 center channel specs:
75 W (8 ?/ohms, 20 Hz ~ 20 kHz with 0.08 % T.H.D.)110 W (6 ?/ohms, 1 kHz with 0.7 % T.H.D.)

Harman kardon HKTS 16BQ Center channel specs:
Sensitivity - 86dB @ 1 watt/1 meter
Frequency Response - 45Hz 20kHz (-6dB)
Speaker Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power - 10 ~ 120 watts
Satellite Nominal Impedance 8 ohms nominal

Boston Acoustic MCS 100 Center channel specs:
Sensitivity- 88dB [.8v at 1m]
Frequency Response - 10Hz 0kHz
Speaker Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power - 10 ~ 100 watts
Satellite Nominal Impedance 8 ohms nominal

please guide me on this

Hi

Connect one center speaker and audition with some real heavy dialogue or action scene where the center speaker would be performing more...

Then audition with the other center....with the same content and volume

Then decide among the two...

Don't connect both as you will overload the channel of the AVR

Hi, can anyone help me i want to connect two center speakers to my denon 7.1 AVR center speaker single output, but i am confused should i connect it parallel or in series, following are my equipment details.

Are you doing this for comparison or actually intending to use two center channel speakers in your setup? If for comparison, then just set up an A B on front two channels and compare them. However, if you are intending to use them in your setup, then there are bigger issues to resolve than to just connect two speakers to a single output. To name a few, different tonal characteristics from two different speakers from different manufactures.This is a Total No No, since the role these speakers play is of delivering the vocals and you wouldn't want two different sounding speakers. Next issue would be Phase control and correcting that would not be easy at all. I wonder how Audyssey would react to it.

Coming to Series Vs Parallel, read on.

Speakers in Series

The essence of series wiring is really quite simple: When speakers are connected in this fashion, load impedance increases the more speakers, the higher the impedance.

Speakers in Parallel

Parallel wiring has the opposite effect of series wiring load impedance drops when speakers are wired in this fashion. And the more speakers you wire in, the lower the impedance.

For detailed Info,calculations and ways for not frying your amp do read this link: Series vs. Parallel Wiring. Its written keeping in mind Car Audio, however, basic laws of physics for speaker connection remain the same.

MaSh

Are you doing this for comparison or actually intending to use two center channel speakers in your setup? If for comparison, then just set up an A B on front two channels and compare them. However, if you are intending to use them in your setup, then there are bigger issues to resolve than to just connect two speakers to a single output. To name a few, different tonal characteristics from two different speakers from different manufactures.This is a Total No No, since the role these speakers play is of delivering the vocals and you wouldn't want two different sounding speakers. Next issue would be Phase control and correcting that would not be easy at all. I wonder how Audyssey would react to it.

Comparison i already done and found boston better than Harman, however i am having this extra harman center channel, hence wanted to utilize it.
now i think its not a good idea to connect both speakers together.

Comparison i already done and found boston better than Harman, however i am having this extra harman center channel, hence wanted to utilize it.
now i think its not a good idea to connect both speakers together.

Keep the one you like, sell the other one.

Hi Viren,

I assume you would have completed minimum posts requirement for putting up an ad in the For Sale by Owner section...so click a good pic with your user name and post the ad....sell it....all the best...

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back