Help needed in improving ipod sound quality..

That was a Denon one. The only thing I assume that the Dock outputs slightly more amplified signal rather than the very very weak from the analog out of iPod. So in terms of actual loudness there was a marked improvement. In terms of details I do not actually remember. I think the newer one from Onkyo can squeeze out the digital signal from iPod (is this true?).

This is the power of branding.

Apple first makes a product that is so poor in quality that people have to buy a new set of earphones for it.

After some it, it figures out that the onboard DAC sucks. So the ipod dock community makes money by selling docks.

Essentially from a personal portable devide, people have strated making IPOD + dock combination look like a sleek HTPC. Strange isnt it, what brands can do.

do you mean that dock was able to get digital signal from ipod instead of analog? Which dock was that?

As far as I know the only dock that can extract digital data from the iPod is the one made by Wadia - called the iTransport. They were able to do this as they worked closely with Apple to get internal details.

Cheers

Guys check this out, this is the digital media transport from Onkyo for the Ipods and this would transfer the signal digitally to your amp.

Onkyo Europe - ND-S1

Thought the specification says "Works with Onkyo A/V Systems with USB Port and Audio/Video Terminals", the Coaxial and Optical outs on the back suggest we can connect it to any AVR or DAC. What do you say?

Thought the specification says "Works with Onkyo A/V Systems with USB Port and Audio/Video Terminals", the Coaxial and Optical outs on the back suggest we can connect it to any AVR or DAC. What do you say?

Yes we can as it comes with an independent remote of its own, also the present crops of Onkyo docks too work with any AVR .

Just noticed that it comes with its own remote which is not included in the Denon dock. So this one seems to be quite independent of the amplifier device.

That means the dock can be controlled by remote of any AVR?

No you cannot control the Dock with the remote of any AVR for that you have to make the remote of the AVr learn the commands from the onkyo remote .... the only advantage here for Onkyo AVR is that since this dock has Onkyo's propritiery Remote connection which is also present on Onkyo AVr's, this led to take the advantage of the single remote of the Onkyo AVR to control all the features of the Dock whereas in your case you will have to use both the remotes of the Denon AVR as well as the Dock. Also in Onkyo as soon as you press play on the Ipod the AVR senses the incoming signal automatically and then switches the source.

wanted you guys to know that the new Sandisk Clip has been launched it has support for MicroSD slot and it supports a lot of Audio formats including FLAC,WAV Ogg etc.

There are quite a few Sandisk Clip fans in this forum. Does anybody know whether the earlier version also supported FLAC if so need your opinion regarding the quality of playback.

The Denon docks are soooo expensive man!! In that money I can buy a new iPod nano and will still be left with some money to spend on a entry level headphone like HD-201.

@ashishkesarwani: How much did you spent on your Onkyo dock?

The Denon docks are soooo expensive man!! In that money I can buy a new iPod nano and will still be left with some money to spend on a entry level headphone like HD-201.

@ashishkesarwani: How much did you spent on your Onkyo dock?

I spent 2.5K whereas the MRP was 12K but I had collected a lot of points on my credit card account so they had this dock as a gift in their rewards programme catalogue wherein I had to give them 4000 points and had to pay additinal 2.5 towards handiling and gift redemption charges so I took advantage of this and got myself a great dock.

I spent 2.5K whereas the MRP was 12K but I had collected a lot of points on my credit card account so they had this dock as a gift in their rewards programme catalogue wherein I had to give them 4000 points and had to pay additinal 2.5 towards handiling and gift redemption charges so I took advantage of this and got myself a great dock.

That indeed is a great buy considering the actual paper notes you shelved out..

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back